Minelab GPZ 7000 for sale. Great condition in original box + $$ extras

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This machine is in great condition and very well cared for (see below for detailed information). Please examine the photos carefully to see just how nice it really is.

I've cared for this machine very well so that it would last me for many more years but unfortunately I've concluded that my body won't handle detecting with the GPZ any more.

The machine was returned to Minelab last year (whilst still under warranty) to replace a stiff button & whilst there got a thorough check-over. A Minelab engineer actually phoned me regarding the repair and congratulated me on how well kept the machine was and he told me that he not only bench-tested the unit but personally field-tested it outside on Minelab's test grounds where it passed every test without any trouble.

What you get:

* Everything that comes in the box of a GPZ 7000 (except the overseas travel power plug adapters.) The old original CD has been replaced with a new CD containing more up to date: information, programs and firmware versions.
* A 2nd genuine Minelab battery. Note: each battery lasts me at least a full day.
* An after-market fiber reinforced polymer skid plate. Very light and durable.
* A spare lower arm shaft with a set of coil lock-screws/washers/nuts.
* A spare guide arm flex-link and two spare flex-link straps.
* A spare S-cuff.
* A spare lot of J-struts.

Upgrades:

* The S-cuff hook has a small zip-tie added to improve the design so that the bungee won't sometimes slip off.
* The Koss headphones have different shaped Bose ear cushions applied so that soiled hands won't easily abrade/degrade the sides of the ear cushion when applying and removing the headphones.
* The latest (3rd generation) firmware has been installed and is running perfectly.

Replaced with new:

* The Membrane Keypad User Interface was replaced by Minelab under warranty last year.
* The harness crosspiece, bungy and R-clip were replaced with Minelab parts last year.
* A new Minelab Ferrite was purchased last year.

Condition:

Regarding condition, I expect many people would not notice many of the things I'll describe here but for completeness I will do my best to describe any flaws -please look closely at the photos too.

The coil has minor scuffs (as you would expect) but is strong and completely sealed watertight. The skid plate was added to it early in its life so that has protected it well too.

The blue body section shows some scattered small nicks and some very light wear marks on the bottom, all the rubber pieces feel pliable and grippy.

The screen has some fine light grazes which can be seen if you angle it just right to reflect a light directly off it but that also means you could never actually read the screen anyway due to excess glare. In actual use with the machine running outside in the field I've never noticed any screen impairment at all. There are no black lines on the screen and no missing pixels.

The Pro-Swing 45 Detecting Harness is strong with minor wear showing on some parts that are constantly rubbing and there is some minor grazing to some of the J-strut parts but everything is fully functional and should last for quite some a time to come. Stitching has been repaired if it ever began to loosen. The harness is freshly cleaned and has been regularly washed to keep small grit from breaking it down and of course to eliminate any odour building up.

Headphones are in very good condition with a few small wear marks, the cord is nicely coiled/elastic with no kinks or stretchmarks and the modified ear cushions are in great clean condition.

The WM12 speaker has a very minor wear mark or two. There is a tiny pit in the plastic on one side but structurally very sound, buttons perfectly intact & moisture resistant as designed. The battery lasts at least a full day of detecting.

The battery charger is flawless, the car charger and battery terminal connection cables are mint, the (Australian plugged) wall charger is in great condition.

The battery bodies show minor signs of wear and some paint has rubbed off the logos but there are no cuts or cracks and they are structurally sound and terminals spotlessly clean. Importantly their waterproof seals are in place and are in excellent condition. Each battery gives me at least a full day's detecting.

The manuals show the usual signs of being lightly read but are not dog-eared torn or liquid damaged.

The new Ferrite is kept in a shock-proof/crush-proof container to avoid micro-cracks and is mint.

Other:

The cost of a new GPZ 7000 is anywhere from $9,500.00 up and the extras I include cost well over $450.00 so it would cost you nearly $10,000.00 new today.

Price: $7,600.00

Pick-up is available in Prahran, Victoria (postcode 3181) or I can post it to your home address via Australia Post at cost.

Any questions? Please feel free to ask!

1576395663_gpzandextras.jpg

1576395832_upright.jpg

1576395767_down_screen.jpg

1576395766_14_top.jpg

1576395765_14_base.jpg

1576395767_bottom.jpg

1576395832_rear.jpg

1576395862_wm12.jpg

1576395832_power.jpg

1576395831_harness.jpg

1576395832_manual_and_ferrite.jpg

1576395767_extras.jpg

It looks like the forum's imaging settings compressed the above photos and removed some detail so I have also placed higher resolution photos up at the following link:
https://tinyurl.com/t72eeaa

Cheers

Maldonite

Hi Maldonite,
Is the 7000 still available? Does it have any warranty remaining on it?
Cheers,
Graham

Rockhunter62 said:
Troutman said:
Hi Maldonite,
Is the 7000 still available? Does it have any warranty remaining on it?
Cheers,
Graham

Don't tell me Robin wants one as well Graham? :lol:

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug and Carol,

No she's not getting one as a belated Christmas present. (Happy New Year to you 2 by the way).
My brother who usually borrows Robyn's when he comes out with me has sold his business and has an opportune time window where it's okay with his wife to get one.

Cheers,
Graham

Hi everyone, sorry for not responding to you all sooner!

To those who have PM'd me (including Graham) I've replied to you.

To Jaros & Tathradj; when assembled, the detector has 4 serial numbers and the box has an additional serial number. All those serial numbers are accompanied with hologram codes too. I'm guessing you want the serial for Minelab genuine verification? I can't see how giving the serial on the forum will hurt but perhaps publishing the check code too may lead to someone trying to scam someone elsewhere so I'll PM you both the hologram check code and I'll also PM the check code to anyone else on the forum (with standing) who requests it. Serial: 12148658556.

I hope that helps to give everyone further confidence and please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Regards

Maldonite

Yours looks great goldtruck59. I wish I had purchased a Profind35 much earlier than I did for my GPZ as it would have given me a lot more time & energy (and perhaps even saved my back too!)

Maldonite

Status
Not open for further replies.