Selling gold - how, why, where

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have sold to PW beck before, they sent me an airbag to post my gold to them,fully insured called me with that days gold price on receiving it to see if I wanted to lock in the god price or you can wait till it is refined and take that price, it could go up or down in those few days so it is a little gamble, I worked on a 10% overall loss on the total package 30grams of 300grams that would cover all costs postage and refining and the copper and silver impurities, it came out just about spot on and they deposit the cash straight into your account

hi every one, I am going to travel around Victoria and maybe some parts of nsw,the lower half,, gold prospecting, and was wondering if any one could please tell me how I would go about,getting rid of a bit of gold on my travels around vic or nsw to finance my trip along a bit, I wont have a massive budget and figured if I could sell a bit here and there it would be an incredible way to see the country side and to do something I love fossil hunting and prospecting aswell,. I know you can sell gold on ebay, are there outlets that buy and sell gold around Victoria,thanks mark

pm me, i would definately be interested in purchasing as i buy occasionally off ebay as it is and ebay sell above spot price generally...

Some of the prospecting dealers in the Vic Golden Triangle will buy gold - depends on the quantity and quality. The recent drum was 12 - 14% under the official price (big nuggets are a premium of course, but too much quartz/ironstone may not sell, same with species.) My only other piece of advice NOT the gold buyers you see at shopping centres NOT Cash convertors etc).

thanks every one for the reply,s. sounds like the dealers are out, and ebay and the local crew on here are the go. I like your idea outback, start a bidding war in the park lol.

I will pm you blayke,when I work out how to mate cheers mark.:)

Yeah im not sure if people just want a piece of gold for the novelty or whether they are just hoarding as an investment , either way the gold sold on Ebay always fetches above official gold prices. Another bonus you arent slugged with anassaying fees to prove percentage of purity. :)

Great tip guys, thank you. I'm very impressed that people are paying well over the odds. It appears the average is about 25% over the commercial rate.

Wow. Now I can see why guys pay the kind of cash they do for MLs. And I'm really sweating on my TDI-SL to arrive now, after reading that.

Thanks again guys.

I have to correct my '25%' statement.

There are a number of them selling for double their gold weight! Now, I'm just sweating on my SL, I'm praying real hard for it.

It has certainly changed my perspective on prospecting.

Will someone tell me why people are paying double for nuggets?

There are a lot of fools in the world :) Maybe what Gary said... people just want to own a piece. I mean idiots pay double the price for items because it has this or that name on it. When we played Ice hockey Nike started selling skates and gear. Still made in Mexican sweat shops but it had the logo on it and had 200% mark up by the shop. That's after the maker and distributor got their slice.