Selling gold - how, why, where

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Uhm, as the heading says, I'm going to see how I go as selling some small bits of gold.

Starting small as I got little to lose.
There's been a few discussions on here & various sites about where to sell your gold so I thought I'd try the eBay Auction way & see how I go.

One piece is 0.17gram
point17gram_zpsb6d0d1cc.jpg

point17gramscales_zpsec4ebc9e.jpg

& the other is 0.27gram.
point27gramside1_zps13ea86f3.jpg

point27gramside2_zps2a87b690.jpg

point27gramscales_zps227abc61.jpg

I got my description & pictures ready. Just want to go past the Post Office first & check what postage cost would be before I put the ads up tomorrow arvo.

Well my little experiment has done a hook turn...

Went to post office to see the best way to post small amounts of gold.
Ends up if it's less than 5mm thickness - wrapped up in tissue or ziplockbag in an envelope + 60cent stamp.

Bloke in the line behind me asked me what the gold was worth - I said about $23 tops as that is gold value.

Then asked me what I would get for it on eBay - I said hoping for $40 for the lot.

Bloke shook my hand & gave me $40 cash on the spot. :D :D :D

Interested in buying more if I was to sell. Ca-ching!

Well done Ag, See mate karma for you ! You always welcome everyone on here and are amongst the first with advice and tips, good things happen to good people ! ;)

Hi Marty . firstly , I love your avatar , makes me laugh whenever I look at it. :D Hope to meet one day
Ebay , as you may have already found out by now is the best way to sell any gold ,as long as its big enough to call a nugget.
You will get spot plus 10% to 50% over , & I have seen some ridiculous prices end up being payed , 10th gram go for $19

WA dealers , where selling crystalline type nuggets get very good dollars , I have bough a few myself

Cheers Paul :)

headbut17 said:
Ebay , as you may have already found out by now is the best way to sell any gold ,as long as its big enough to call a nugget.
You will get spot plus 10% to 50% over , & I have seen some ridiculous prices end up being payed , 10th gram go for $19

Not just nuggets bro, ;)
I've watched plenty of fly poo sized alluvial sell near twice gold value. Small batches like 0.18, 0.25grams of flour gold.

Hi Cavemankona , welcome to the forum . Do you have an ebay account ?, gold sells well over its value , up to double , Cheers Paul

Latest posts