Pumps for a Highbanker - information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It says 9000L per hour - that's 150L per minute.
My little 2stroke pump is rated at 115L per minute & copes fine with a small HB.

So if yours pumps more - you should be fine.

Using an Onga mini blaze good flow rate and easy to operate. Brought a cheap Chinese pump first time round lasted 20mins. Best advice I can give get quality my First cheap pump lasted 20mins before busting the cam shaft. Cost me 150 for the pump 80 in wasted fuel then 350 for a new pump. Had I brought the right thing the first time I would have made my money back a lot quicker.

I posted a link to this pump on Ebay about a week ago.
Well i did end up purchasing it, and im hoping it does the job!
Its a 33cc Mini Water Pump, capable of pumping 150 litres of water per minute. Decently priced at $179 including postage.
All i need to do now is find the required hoses, hook it up to my sluice on legs and give it a go!!!
1371106083_005_1.jpg

Looking forward to your report back Boyd, Looks great value for such a compact pump. Best of luck on the creek with it mate,

Cheers Wal.

have you tried out the pump yet?
BoydWilliam said:
I posted a link to this pump on Ebay about a week ago.
Well i did end up purchasing it, and im hoping it does the job!
Its a 33cc Mini Water Pump, capable of pumping 150 litres of water per minute. Decently priced at $179 including postage.
All i need to do now is find the required hoses, hook it up to my sluice on legs and give it a go!!!
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/227/1371106083_005_1.jpg

Not yet Banksy, ive still got to go hunting for the right hoses. Its a bit over my head, not really to sure where to start but im sure i will figure it out.

so we have finally agreed on a pump, and we got the same one as colin and lee, it arrived today but steven is out bush with the army so I have sent him a pic of the box, showing him it has arrived :p ...lol....now to get the hose :/

Colin&Lee said:
I bought this one not long ago it's heavy, it works great so far have changed the oil twice and will do it again after a few more hours running ;) . It'll do me for a while until I can afford a honda ;)

www.ebay.com.au/itm/Petrol-Water-Pump-2-4-hp-4-Stroke-NEW-15000L-H-WATER-TRANSFER-PUMP-FARM-/310667150772?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item48553485b4

Cheers

C&L

My main pump is a 2.2hp Honda driven Jessie pump. One of the originals from the Old Prospectors Home store in Sydney. It is 1 1/2" inlet and outlet run into 1 1/2" canvas layflat. The Jessie pumps were a copy of keene pumps I believe and were made by the owner of Prospectors Home.

It is light enough to carry a distance and will pump more than enough water at just above idle. Also got a cheap 1" 2 stroke but only used it twice. The noise is too irritating.

Cheers Ric

Hey guys and gals. I've started looking around at petrol powered water pumps. The pump I want is the hondaWX15. But I was hoping to find a cheaper alternative that will still do the job.
I'm interested to hear if anyone has any suggestions that might suit me. I want something that can be carried with one hand but still move around the 200 LPM mark. I don't think I will be anymore than 15-20 meters away from the water at a time.
I still might have a cheap 2nd hand one lined up so I'm only just shopping around in case the sale falls through or it's no good.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks guys
Greg

Hi Greg , I searched for a while to find a pump that was anywhere near the Honda & couldn't, for reliability, quietness & light weight. Easy to carry, 9 kg, quiet , runs the Walbanker at quarter throttle & if you use enough hose, 10 metres away , you dont hear it.Also easy to start. The pump ran for 3 or so hours before I had to refuel. I know they are expensive, I paid $819 a month ago, but very very happy with the performance. I drive a Honda, so may be a bit biased toward the brand, but it is QUALITY & when out on the creek , that is what you want. I know Wal has had his for 8 years or so also.

Cheers Paul

Latest posts