Pumps for a Highbanker - information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where I go it is Marty, I get out there as much for the "enjoyment" as for the financial reward, and to have a quiet purring motor which doesn't attract the attention of the crowds from far and wide is bliss. I'm the same with my motor bikes. I invest the first 10grams of gold back into the hobby and don't need to take out the ear plugs to talk to Liz. The serenity of the bush is certainly worth $600 to me,and i guess that's because i spend so much of my time out there.

Cheers Wal. :)

I use a 5.5hp Chinese water pump. Paid $150 plus shipment from Ebay.

Thought I bought a bomb actually however, there is nothing wrong with it except no operating manual. It was me lol.

Runs very well now and I'm happy with it. If you do get a Chinese knock pump then use the Honda manual in English.

It works great now.

I make the mistake of buying one of those generic Chinese pumps which ended up being a disaster. I then paid a little more for a Honda WX10 which suits my small Highbanker perfectly. I haven't had a problem with it yet...I wish I had have bought it in the first place.

Hey everyone, I have a 2.9hp four stroke 1-1/2" pump, millers falls I think the brand is, $150 delivered to the door, I've only been using it for a little while but it's the ducks guts, it's on a 300X1200mm highbanker

I went to Bunnings today, and the only ones they had were $700 for a 5.5hp!!!
Geez ive only got a 45 inch yellow Jobe Sluice which ive built a few legs for!!
Im still hunting for a smaller water pump, maybe i need to look at Ebay!

I have a 2.5hp honda motor, cant seem to find the pump wet end for it, most companys will only sell you pump and motor but not pump on its own. Anyone know where to buy pumps only

Hi Ag man.

I have looked on ebay, never found just a pump alone without the motor on there..

Rock said:
Hi Ag man.

I have looked on ebay, never found just a pump alone without the motor on there..

I guess ringing a pump service repair place would be my best bet.

Prolly would work out cheaper to just buy a complete unit like the ones mentioned above. Everything seems disposable nowadays.

Lately I've gone away from my big 2" 4hp pump.. Back to a little 2.5HP 1" .. Does the job, just can't run the Trommel and highbanker at the same time anymore.. Better on fuel and easier to carry 2ks up a creek/river..

Rock said:
I have a 2.5hp honda motor, cant seem to find the pump wet end for it, most companys will only sell you pump and motor but not pump on its own. Anyone know where to buy pumps only

Keene sell high flow pumps that will fit straight onto your Honda motor, I think its the P90 (100 GPM) that fits that one. The price is $235 in my catalogue, bit expensive but very good quality.

DD

Tommtb7 said:
Hey everyone, I have a 2.9hp four stroke 1-1/2" pump, millers falls I think the brand is, $150 delivered to the door, I've only been using it for a little while but it's the ducks guts, it's on a 300X1200mm highbanker

how many hours work or days work has it done ?

a honda might last 8 years if looked after , curious how long the chi knees ones last , might get lucky and have similar outcome but i have bought "good name" chinese made diesel powered air compressors and 2 out of 3 were grenades .

Rock said:

if its a honda i bet you can buy the part you want , just google honda parts distributors until you find the supplier

however if its a chinese pump on a honda motor then you need to find the supplier you got it from and get them to chase just that bit . bet you can find the part supplier if you keep looking

failing that have a hunt around in the boot of the car where you left the old one :lol:

can people tell me how many hours running they get per tank with the 1 1/2 " honda pumps and for the chinese ones ?

I am trying to evaluate if i carry a petrol pump and spare fuel 2 - 6 km through heavy bush

or take a 12 volt battery , bilge pump and solar panel charger :(

at least the battery version is quiet

its alot of weight for one person , plus food , water, swag , sleeping bag , highbanker

Ive seen too many things go wrong with the cheaper generic branded units. Somethimes they work,most times they fall over when worked hard.
Ive opted to bite the bullet and got the Honda GXH50 4 stroke 2.5hp/210 lpm for the big H/B and a smaller Robin[subaru] 1.1hp 4 stroke 110 lpm to run the portable H/b. Both are relatively quiet, reliable and best of all you dont need to mix fuel and oil. My 2c worth.
Honda 9.8kg / Robin 5.3kg weight

HeadsUp said:
Tommtb7 said:

how many hours work or days work has it done ?

a honda might last 8 years if looked after , curious how long the chi knees ones last , might get lucky and have similar outcome but i have bought "good name" chinese made diesel powered air compressors and 2 out of 3 were grenades .

I had mine out today for a few hours and it was no drama, I've had it runnin about ten hours all up. It's a millers falls motor if that helps

HeadsUp said:
Rock said:

if its a honda i bet you can buy the part you want , just google honda parts distributors until you find the supplier

however if its a chinese pump on a honda motor then you need to find the supplier you got it from and get them to chase just that bit . bet you can find the part supplier if you keep looking

failing that have a hunt around in the boot of the car where you left the old one :lol:

I spoke to honda about getting the wet end for it and they have parts for the pump but not the pump itself sothe only way is to buy a new one, but what a waste of a engine..

Rock said:
HeadsUp said:
Rock said:

I spoke to honda about getting the wet end for it and they have parts for the pump but not the pump itself sothe only way is to buy a new one, but what a waste of a engine..

take a photo of it and advertise here what bits youre looking for

you might get somebody with the same pump but a dead engine and you can swap the bits

Latest posts