picture trivia ; Where tha bloody heck were ya ???

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Idi Amin
Field Marshall

Idi Amin Dada (/idi min/; c. 1923-28 16 August 2003) was the third President of Uganda, ruling from 1971 to 1979. Amin joined the British colonial regiment, the King's African Rifles, in 1946, serving in Kenya and Uganda. Eventually, Amin held the rank of major general in the post-colonial Ugandan Army, and became its commander before seizing power in the military coup of January 1971, deposing Milton Obote. He later promoted himself to field marshal while he was the head of state.

Amin's rule was characterized by human rights abuses, political repression, ethnic persecution, extrajudicial killings, nepotism, corruption, and gross economic mismanagement. The number of people killed as a result of his regime is estimated by international observers and human rights groups to range from 100,000[2] to 500,000.[3]

During his years in power, Amin shifted in allegiance from being a pro-Western ruler enjoying considerable Israeli support to being backed by Libya's Muammar Gaddafi, Zaire's Mobutu Sese Seko, the Soviet Union, and East Germany.[4][5][6] In 1975, Amin became the chairman of the Organisation of African Unity (OAU), a Pan-Africanist group designed to promote solidarity of the African states.[7] During the 19771979 period, Uganda was a member of the United Nations Commission on Human Rights.[8] In 1977, when Britain broke diplomatic relations with Uganda, Amin declared he had defeated the British and added "CBE", for "Conqueror of the British Empire", to his title. Radio Uganda then announced his entire title: "his Excellency President for Life, Field Marshal Alhaji Dr. Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, CBE".[3]

Dissent within Uganda and Amin's attempt to annex the Kagera province of Tanzania in 1978, led to the UgandaTanzania War and the demise of his eight-year regime, leading Amin to flee into exile to Libya and Saudi Arabia, where he lived until his death on 16 August 2003
Jaros :p :p

Just to be sure about the criteria of this trivia is any picture you can snip off the web, or a location you have been to and taken the picture yourself?
[excellent thread btw]

Redfin said:
Just to be sure about the criteria of this trivia is any picture you can snip off the web, or a location you have been to and taken the picture yourself?
[excellent thread btw]

I guess that is the winners choice but to see more landmarks and old ruins maybe water falls and pubs people see on there travels would be more prospecting related . :D

1443949535_davids_phone_photos_246-optimized.jpg
1443949557_davids_phone_photos_244-optimized.jpg

Looks like "part" of a war memorial to me. But with my tech knowledge it would take me over a year to search for it.

Am I close?

Love this thread!

BINGO its the hall of remembrance, I would have been happy with Canberra war memorial .
Technically outback got it, if I had of got back to Karen earlier and said very close might have swung her in the right direction. Outbacks go unless he wants to pass it to Karen :D

Oh ok, thanks outback!

I won't post any hints as yet but this place has intrigued me for many years because of a rumour I heard about it. I haven't made the trip yet to have a look.

Good luck guys!

1444010923_glen_davis_old_shale_mine.jpg

Is that the shale works, Davis something. ?
NNW of Sydney.
On my bucket list to visit. :)

You are correct Tathradj! It's an old shale mine at Glen Davis. Well done. I should have made it harder perhaps.

I heard a rumour that Inxs made a music video out there and you can see a ghost in the video clip. Have you heard that?

Latest posts