On This Day

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On This Day In 2002, bomb blasts detonated by Islamic terrorists, killed 202 people, including 88 Australians, in the tourist district of Kuta, Bali. R.I.P. 🌷🌷🌷 Such a sad day for the people of Australia and Bali, and as we have seen this week in Israel, the carnage continues.

On This Day In 1994, actor Burt Lancaster died, aged 80 in Los Angeles. 🎬🎥 He was a wonderful actor,and I think before he started acting he was a trapeze artist in a circus.

On this day at 8am 23rd October 4004 BC the world started. Well actually the first light hence 8 am. The actual Earth composed of the rocks and elements didn't start until two days later on 25th October.
That would also include the nuggets you have keeping you company.
So in two days time get them all out, open a bottle of your favourite and propose a toast to their 6027th birthday.
Always happy to give credit to my references :- Bishop Ussher 1581 - 1656.
Just a bit of irreverent silliness to occupy some time in my insomnia tonight following last nights earthquake that woke me up.

Last edited:
On this day at 8am 23rd October 4004 BC the world started. Well actually the first light hence 8 am. The actual Earth composed of the rocks and elements didn't start until two days later on 25th October.
That would also include the nuggets you have keeping you company.
So in two days time get them all out, open a bottle of your favourite and propose a toast to their 6027th birthday.
Always happy to give credit to my references :- Bishop Ussher 1581 - 1656.
Just a bit of irreverent silliness to occupy some time in my insomnia tonight following last nights earthquake that woke me up.
"That was no earthquake, it was a warning to you!" Bishop Ussher (23 October 2023). ⚡

On This Day In 1980, U.S. Actor Steve McQeen died, aged 50, in Ciudad Jua'rez, Mexico 🇲🇽 🎥🎬 - The King Of Cool, Terrence Stephen McQeen was born on March 24, 1930, in Beech Grove, Indiana, U.S. he died of pleural mesothelioma, it is believed he was exposed to asbestos while serving in the U.S. Marine Corps in the late 1940s.

Latest posts