OH&s

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TenOunce Tone said:
What ever happened to age old saying, "You are responsible for your actions" I am all for a safe work place, but seriously has this nation gotten that soft?

Its the insurance companies that create the problem

every time there is a workplace accident you will get a pen pusher from a P/L insurer who has never done a real days work in his life who will create a new rule to ban this and ban that in the workplace.

recent new rules ?

not allowed to wear slip on boots on construction sites

not allowed to stand on the back of your ute or table top truck to do actual work on anything next to your vehicle . in fact youre not allowed to stand on the back of your ute for anything at all ( unless it has a handrail around it )

not allowed to climb a ladder and use one hand to undo a screw or tie a rope off , if youre going to work at any height you must use a cherry picker or scissor lift to reach it , even if its only 2 metres up , or you use a ladder which has a 2 foot square platform at the top and you stand on that.

there are many more insane new rules - all created so an insurance company can avoid liability for making a payout.

Some big companies like Boral now self insure and they write their own regulations without beuaracratic insanity ( and save around 5 million a year )

You cant get angry at a land owner , they are entitled to prospect on their own land themselves and i would block people from entering my land too because i would want to swing a detector , or dig lots of fence post holes and run the dirt through a sluice.

just smile and thank them for their time anyway , and ask how the farm is going and ask what they think will happen at the next election and ask how they like that new ute they are driving coz you heard they have problems with brake fade or timing belt failures on the old model. . . . .

ya never know , the gate might open or they might send you to a mates property up the road

the duck said:
Just an excuse to make their life easier health and safety has lost the plot its now safer in the workplace but more stressfull
too true duckO.H&S does meke the excuse easier, but it has not made the workplace any safer cause a new element has been introduced.....stress

HeadsUp's Comment does ring true ,I spend a lot of time in the bush and gaining access is becomming very difficult , If You ring up it is very easy to be hung up on ,,a letter is easy to start the fire with ,they don't know who they are dealing with But in person the property owners can see who they are dealing with And sometimes You have a victory !!!!! then sometimes as I mentioned at the beginning of this topic The OH&s excuse is too convenient !!! Just turn B polite and leave ..

L/R

Latest posts