OH&s

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G,day All ,,,,,Just a follow up on being denied access,, Talking 2 a Mate the other day Who just happens 2 B a solicitor , and metioned being denied access to certain places ..the reason being OH&S,, He passed comment that it's the NEW excuse 2 deny everything ,and people are fearfull of it .

L/R

The reception I get in some places seem They don't give a sh%T ,,THEY'VE found a simple way of getting rid of You !!!!

L/R

You need a hard hat, boots and a fluro jacket to carry 4 schooners these days 8)

Keen Ken said:
If you are serious, obtain a prosrecting permit and then you can obtain a court order for them to allow you access. :D

That would certainly be the best way to get him and all his neighbors offside. Not the best approach by a long shot me thinks.

Cheers wal. :|

From what I have experienced Is that this the New Way of saying NO and when I asked would they consider any type of indemnity form ......The answer is STILL NO ..They don't care 4 us at ALL !!!! To these people No is not wavered by a form ...IT only complicates their simple little life MORE !!!!! So be it I hope the RING PULLS I would have taken away gives them grief !!!!!

L/R

Must have something to do with the attitude at which permission is asked. I have asked nicely and have been given access to 90% of the properties i have approached. The ones i have been denied I've usually been given access by the next best thing, their neighbors. A lot of it comes down to attitude and how you approach the owners. Can't say it's ever been a "real" concern for me.

Cheers wal, :)

No Wal these were commercial properties ,,the secretaries Who I asked VERY politely were only to willing to let Me on ,,It was senior management !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L/R

Ahhhh ...now that can a completely different dilemma....You forgot to mention that fella they call "Bureaucrat"......

Cheers Wal. :eek:

Honestly Wal The ladies at the front desk were only 2 helpfull !!!!! It's the ar$ho&e that has a bit of authority but Not enough money to own the show that is the problem !!!!!!!

L/R

What ever happened to age old saying, "You are responsible for your actions" I am all for a safe work place, but seriously has this nation gotten that soft?

Middle of Summer ......Ya turn the TV on in the morning and some guy tells us It,s gunna Be hot 2 day wear a Hat or It's rainin take ya brolly,, We have all gotta B looked after Now !!!!! You get hurt and You'll sue us,,,,,,TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for YOUR ACTIONS ,,, Like mentioned previously THE LIABILITY FORM ,,,,,IT breeds fear 4 what may happen ,, WHATS THE ANSWER ?????? I don't know !!!!

L/R

You could offer them a "Hold Harmless" agreement. Basically a written, signed agreement saying you will not hold them in any way responsible for any harm to yourself or anyone/anything else while carrying out the activity on their property? May work - may not??

Bit hard to pull it out of ya pocket when They've explained the situation and You've taken no notice and have their hand round Ya throat !!!!!

L/R

Latest posts