OFF TOPIC....Odd Flight Path

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Check out the flight path of this turkey (Air Bus ) Happening now.

1630976383_rscn2247.jpg
1630976427_rscn2249.jpg
1630976475_rscn2251.jpg

Its spring, obviously the male planes are trying to keep up with the female plane. Which ever has the most endurance will get to mate with her.

bicter said:
Military training flight is my guess.
Your 3rd screenshot appears to show circuits and bumps at Amberly

I agree with you there... Military Training Flight... With 'Touch and Goes' at Amberley Airforce base... Quite often they use Barrington Tops, Nymboida, Inverell and Glen innes area for training flights...

Years ago we were out at Nymboida doing some Prospecting and several times we had fighter Jets following the Valleys and mountains, then swoop over to Coffs Harbour and up to Evans Head to the Bombing range and finally back to Amberley... Great fun watching them...

There has been a lot of activity high in the sky over the Gold Coast for the past few weeks as well... You can hear the constant roar all day long, so Dogfighting practice id say...

Is DRGN16 a Re-fuelling Tanker? or Fire Fighting Tanker doing Training runs to prepare for our Fire season?... There is a fire near Barrington... You can see that they are following Valleys down that way, also west of Amberley...

LW...

Adrian ss said:
LoneWolf said:
Do we know what type of Airbus that plane is?

LW

Don't know which model but the departure and destination locations were not displayed.

Well that could be your answer..... Military.... My guess it's a Military Tanker being an Airbus.......

One of these...

https://www.airforce.gov.au/technology/aircraft/air-mobility/kc-30a-multi-role-tanker-transport

Quote from above statement...'The Air Force's six KC-30A aircraft are based at RAAF Base Amberley, operated by No. 33 Squadron.'

What site do you get that info from.... Looks cool.. :cool:

LW...

Yes doing training runs... Thanks for that site... :Y:

We have all sorts of Military Jets flying over us most days..... Funny how they take the same route home every time... You can hear them open up once they get out of Residential space over the mountain range...

Some even wave their wings when they go over the school near us... The kids must love that... :D

LW...

I remember.
I was in the RAAF from 70 to 91 and left Fairbain (ARDU) in 76....The good old days.
Fully trained on 13 different aircraft types.....Just seems like it was a dream now. Did I really do all that stuff??

Adrian ss said:
I remember.
I was in the RAAF from 70 to 91 and left Fairbain (ARDU) in 76....The good old days.
Fully trained on 13 different aircraft types.....Just seems like it was a dream now. Did I really do all that stuff??

They wouldn't accept Me..... Broke my heart as a 14yo... :brokenh:

So i became a Sheet Metal Worker... And just look up in Awe at what I wanted to do... :eek:

My Dad was a Cook in the RAAF tho...

LW....

Latest posts