Some days I should stay in bed.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nightjar said:
Nothing stops you MB, you are a master.
Take tomorrows adults, who don't even know where to find the fuse box in their car they've been driving for years or that you need to check the oil occasionally?

The fuse box in my old Renault Trafic was on the passenger side dashboard accessible only by openning the passenger door.

MB, Didn't know aircon pumps make high delivery air compressors or I would have carried on with a project hooking up one too a Honda motor. Both gathering dust in my shed somewhere.
Know doubt with your experience you know that to help seal tubeless tyres on rims is to remove the valve when the compressor is first connected. Pump the tyre until the beads pop. Refit valve and inflate.

Nightjar said:
MB, Didn't know aircon pumps make high delivery air compressors or I would have carried on with a project hooking up one too a Honda motor. Both gathering dust in my shed somewhere.
Know doubt with your experience you know that to help seal tubeless tyres on rims is to remove the valve when the compressor is first connected. Pump the tyre until the beads pop. Refit valve and inflate.
Just to add to that the snap on connection on your hose usually opens if you jam it on the valve stem once valve is removed, and will give a real quick hit of air enough to jump big beads onto the bands.

Thrill seeker bead sealer :eek: :lol:
1643593067_aero.jpg

Nightjar said:

These AC compressors are a multi cylinder setup with a double ended piston. Usually 4 or 5 cylinders with the equivalent of 8 or 10 pistons so they produce a very high volume output and extremely high pressure as well. There's a bit of a hassle getting around the lubrication but it's well worth the exercise.

1643605258_ac_compressor.jpg

There are no beadlocks on these rims so no air = no seal and if the tyre is flat on the bottom then the distortion in the sidewall will prevent a seal at the bead until sufficient pressure is inside to make the seal. If the valve is removed (I did) then it must be refitted while maintaining some air pressure otherwise you're back to a flat tyre with no bead seal.