Off Road / 4WD Caravans

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Type of use is a consideration re set up time, if your camping long term in one spot time no issue, if your travelling and having to do it every day then it's a pain in the proverbial. Being able to stop on route and step out of car and into van and sleep is great, but you will pay for it as original cost, fuel and towing weights increase considerably. Push the weight envelope to far and you may need to purchase a different vehicle also? The bottom camper was 1.6 ton fully loaded with quad, many tare weight over that. Shop wisely regardless, two pics one 80K new the other 14K new :rolleyes: (Quad purchase not inclusive) Incidentally, personally I don't believe any camper trailer is worth 40K let alone 80K as at the end of the day it is only a trailer with a tent on top 🤔
Kimberly.jpg
Tambo & Quad.jpg

Last edited:
Type of use is a consideration re set up time, if your camping long term in one spot time no issue, if your travelling and having to do it every day then it's a pain in the proverbial. Being able to stop on route and step out of car and into van and sleep is great, but you will pay for it as original cost, fuel and towing weights increase considerably. Push the weight envelope to far and you may need to purchase a different vehicle also? The bottom camper was 1.6 ton fully loaded with quad, many tare weight over that. Shop wisely regardless, two pics one 80K new the other 14K new :rolleyes: (Quad purchase not inclusive) Incidentally, personally I don't believe any camper trailer is worth 40K let alone 80K as at the end of the day it is only a trailer with a tent on top 🤔
View attachment 5510
View attachment 5511
Yep I agree, I bought the Van coz I needed a EURO 6 Compliant Vehicle and the Camper Conversion cost me £2600.00 +/- which is about $4700,00, It Has a Slide out Kitchen and a Table which all comverts to a huge Double Bed, and It has a small Lithium Pack for lighting with it's own little Solar Panel and It came with 6mm heavy felt Blinds that stick to every window and it also as 240v Shore Power hookup and a Small single burner stove and it came with a 12v 30L Cooler which I replaced with a proper Fridge,

Even with all that I still have about 730Kg spare and If I Tow a Trailer I can add another 1081Kgs Less the trailer weight IE 350kg So I have some serious load capacity at around 1460kgs Spare. I might add a Quad to it if I can find an excuse to buy one, 😍

Last edited:
Out Of all the vans I have researched, the MDC caravans appear to be the best, especially if you intend to take them off road, not cheap but I think it's a case of getting what you pay for, I'm going to town on Saturday to check out the one I think suits my needs.
I suggest you read user opinions and experiences before you look at one and think carefully beforehand

We own an MDC XT16HR caravan and absolutely love it. Had a few small issues to start with but that’s the same with a lot of vans built. Aftermarket service was perfect.
We’ve taken it down many rough tracks around the Gascoyne and have had no issues or dust.

Latest posts