NAPFA General News, Member Information & Updates

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know what the camping Siri ration is at Sofala ? Is there a campground , whats the favilities like , and will The pub be open ?

Ill be up the Thursday night !

Look forward to it !

Gunter said:
Also can anyone tel me how far up and downstream from the bridge one can fossick in the Turon ?
If you've got a 4x4 you can follow the turon all the way to turon gates from sofala ,I know every turn and bend in that rd ,use to use it as my own personal rally track when I lived there :D :D :D

Stupid question in light of the drought but is the Turon flowing at all ? And looks like rain for the weekend , which is not great but good for the farmers ! Ill take the discomfort for their benefit !

It is mostly flowing, but in others where it pools up and runs under the rocks. You'll be able to find a spot to put in a sluice. The water is just over the river crossings in most spots between Sofala and Capertee.

Anyone out there yet I'm leaving Bathurst and should be out there in a hour or so ,i know I have no phone service out there

Had to drive to hill end to get service
Apparently can't camp at showground till Thursday
And looks like they've double booked the place
And we have to share the grounds with a massive 21st party on Saturday night :(
Anyone out here yet

Capertee gold said:
Had to drive to hill end to get service
Apparently can't camp at showground till Thursday
And looks like they've double booked the place
And we have to share the grounds with a massive 21st party on Saturday night :(
Anyone out here yet
i wont be camping then

I was able to talk to a few people there last year so I think there
is some service probably Telstra.
I am leaving Bega about 10:00 putting me there about 6:00 tonight.

Really looking forwards to this year as I missed last years.

Laanecoorie last week end, Sofala this week end.
Clocking up some kilometers. :cool:

robmoto said:
Well go across the Bridge and with in 30mtrs swing left and camp there on the river nice spot plenty of room 5 minute walk to the pub.
Camped at upper turon grounds but the stench from the stagnant algae filled water holes that use to be a river ,have made me drive home ,but will be back friday morning :Y:

hi peoples!...unfortunately I will not be attending this year either...ran right out of Brownie points! :cool: However, one can get mobile reception at the cemetery on your left as you drive into camp grounds as well as on top of the hill at Wattle Flat...which is where I would have chosen to camp if I had been going :Y: nice cafe...breakfast cheap...general store...fuel etc....I have found the majority of Sofala residents(the male ones) a bunch of unhelpful red-necks who have their heads thrust fairly up there A-holes!...but that's just my humble opinion...which I know does not count for much anyway...in some circles at least. Good luck to any and all who participate in the 'auction for the major prize' which I see has not been changed to a more fairer 'raffle' :8 :cool: ...sorry ! just had to hook in with a back-hander there! :p :lol: :cool:
I look forward to an overview of the proceedings and wish everybody good luck out on the 'diggins'.

Well I would think that people are on the way home now from the meeting...I'll hazard a guess anyone heading down the Great Western would be tearing their hair out with the Bathurst crowd all heading home. I wonder if Mr Spindler might give us an overview of the meeting without giving to much away off course! :playful: I hope that it was a good event and that everybody left as good friends do...happy for the outcomes...sad at the partings. :cool: So wish I could have turned up to catch up with so many of you who I have not seen for ages and those who I have not met yet...maybe next year! :cool:

Well,well well. I do believe I have been shown 'the cold shoulder'...'sent to Coventry'!...or perhaps ...nobody attended the Meeting. I am devastated! :playful: where are the pics of smiling faces,gold nuggets...etc...I know!...you all missed me so much that your speechless.... :p hmmm?...squirrels!...cloak and dagger!...maybe. :cool:

Latest posts