NAPFA General News, Member Information & Updates

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to go to the Dept . of Mineral Resources near Circular Quay . Used to finish work at 3 p.m. in Artarmon , gave me time to drive there and park in the street .... Try doing that now !!! They were later at St . Leonards for a number of years before moving up to the Hunter . I also went to the Lands Dept . in Sydney . They had all the old parish maps and for a fee , they would print a copy . They are good for research , mining leases and tenements were marked n them . Also water races .

Spot on Mike. I bought many a topo and metallogenic map from the St. Leonards office and still have most of them. They are a fantastic piece of research material and I also have a full set of Fossickers Mud Maps which by now would be outdated but good to look back on. I just thought it was strange that NAPFA wouldn't have a copy of the area that they were fighting for. I probably will never get a chance to go back there but i know folks that would be interested. So I, like thousands of others, will have to cool my heals and wait for the map at some stage in the future. Cheers. Mackka

No map as yet Mackka.
As per above a map was supposed to have been included in the Gazettal (Schedule 1) but wasn't included.
Minview hasn't been updated to include Oberon as yet either. Once it is I'll add it here for members.

Mackka I think mbasko has already answered the question in regards to the map been published. We just have to wait until it is included in the Gazettal. 👍

The Local Govt Area, hence termed LGA fossicking districts are to the shire boundaries, every bit of it. Not like the many smaller "reserves" that are still termed fossicking districts and there is about 44 of them still. NAPFA got around the issue of all the notifications, approvals, survey, etc for new boundaries by getting them to the legislated Shire boundaries, no further work through all Depts. The Mines Dept and Mins Council were furious.

Maps, use Minview, select base map of topo or sat pic, then Add layer + Admin Boundaries + LGA's to see them, and then Add layer + Fossicking + Fossicking Districts to show them all. looks like this and filled in ones are Fossicking Districts except Oberon yet to be updated.

Good work NAPFA, there was a lot against this proposal over the years.

Attachments

• Oberon LGA.PNG
    Oberon LGA.PNG
    316.1 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts