NAPFA General News, Member Information & Updates

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAHA...Good one Gilly47...only I THOUGHT IT WAS HITLER!!!!...HEHE :Y: :playful:

I heard they discussed the new high level top secret hand shake for highbanker users when encountering a ranger to enable the NAPFA get out of chit free card/what water pump officer card.
Also rumoured was that they revealed the NAPFA member only new prospecting areas for NSW. Word has it most members are still out on one of these many top secret areas lining there pockets with the ounce plus sized gold found on them hence no written recollections of the meeting as yet. They're all too busy.
:lol:
I'm sure somebody will give us some type of report on proceedings once they get settled back into work/home life after a nice weekend away. Pretty sure there was no secret squirrel business on the agenda, maybe..... ;) O:)

There seems to be a new Telstra tower there so all Telstra folks got great reception , but me on Vodafone .,,, nothing !
The meeting was good athoigh hardly any good was found .
Can I just say that after listening to the committee , my doubts about Napfa have been totally alleviated . We are in very good hands , and lots of progress has been made , and more to come on the near future . There are some very talented people
On that committee , with multiple skills needed to tackle the government ! Its definitely worth the messy $25 a year we pay . I urge people to renew membership , without them we will lose all our ground , but with them it looks like we may even gain new territorys.

They even brought much needed rain to Sofala ,
With a huge thunderstorm on Friday .

Thank you Napfa , and all those committee members who work really hard , for zero pay !

Gunter

Excellent feedback Gunter... :trophy: that's all I was looking for. Great news to hear of the rain though of course much more is needed... and that might just be on the way! so I am led to believe by the B.O.M. Starting Thurs.-Fri. and into the weekend, lets hope so. :cool: Yes I am familiar with most of the committee and they are the salt of the earth in terms of the time and effort they put in...year in-year out... :trophy: I certainly wish I had the physical and intellectual drive required of them and the stoicism they show in the face of opposition from the non-believers. :cool: The optimism of the last report to members seems to have carried through to the meeting this year and I join you in singing the praises of the committee. :Y: :cool: They have all played an invaluable part in bringing us to the cusp of achieving our aims and in fact exceeding them...Yours under the Southern Stars,...Rossco. :cool:

The weekend was great. Showground camp was good with hot showers and the 60th party group for Gordo from sofala was behind the paviilion out of the way. ( did not impact us). Some gold was found by a few, friendships renewed, gold stories told and the campfire gatherings were too good. I was to ill to detect sunday morning. I will leave it to NAPFA to report to members on the new committee and meeting news.The meeting was in the hall opposite the pub. Good to see Doug & Julie Stone there. Plenty of bargains in the prospecting gear auction.

Its got me liking the occasional prospector get togethers. Hope to catch up with some central west PA members for some detecting and camping soon.
Cheers RDD

Guys just reading this post and a few of you sound like you are in the know of the local area.

I am heading up to detect around Sofala or Hillend this Friday and also the following Monday. Does anyone have any tips they can flick me on any areas good for clocking the ks with the gpx?

Even keen to meet up if anyones is free?

Sorry to ask its just that Ive spent so much time on the ground lately looking for access to places that should be fine to swing a detector to find it blocked off by locals who hate prospectors. Dont mind a flogged area but just prefer something better than a trashed out camp area if that makes sense??

Can anyone of you lads help??

So how did you go. ?
Not meaning to hear about your main finds but,
Did you have fun, Fell in the creek, Found a bit of that yellow stuff,
Etc, Etc.
Love to hear about it. :Y: :Y:

Tathradj Im over how many ELs are on everybit of good ground these days.

The thing I read that got to me recently is the fossicker at hillend who was told he couldnt detect. The mining exploration guy who told him to move on first wanted to know if hed found anything. Then told him they knew the area had nothing and to move on.

My bet is if that fossicker has found something that lad and his mates would have been straight out to give it another close going over. I think having an EL with the permission to look for large or missed deposits should not mean the public cannot fossick in that location. It should just enable the mining company to do it on a serious scale.

Our laws need to change imo

Matt
Where did you read about the fossicker being asked to stop detecting at Hill End? I did read a similar report but that would now be around 10 years old.
The Bathurst Shire is now a declared Fossicking District so you dont require permission of the EL holder to fossick anywhere in the district.

There are 3 mining leases in the Hill End, Tambaroora area that you are not allowed on but the rest of the Common and the Turon are open for you to explore.

True what Bob said. I would like to know
as well when and where this happened.
You can PM me if you wish.

Would have been this from 2015 & prior to Bathurst LGA becoming a gazetted fossicking district: https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11796

That event led me to really chase a lot of Councils up to become fossicking districts & along with NAPFA + others we managed to get a lot on board:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=17630
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=17801
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13555

For current NSW Fossicking Districts check Minview. A lot of goldfield areas in NSW are now covered under a fossicking district :Y:

Ah now this makes sense.

Guys for what its worth big thank you for all your hard work in keeping these areas open.

Seriously after what Ive been through the last two years if it wasnt for being able to get out and about to escape the chaos I was experiencing by prospecting alongside my 6 and 9 year old boys I prob wouldnt be here.

Life can slowly get better

Sorry reefer not much of a report done on the event
As you say life is busy when you get back home and work sux if you know what i mean ,
All in all it was another great weekend away with the guys and girls ,
The Friday afternoon saw a few of us having a refreshing ale or two under neath Sean's awning watching the rain come down
Compiled with a magnificent lightning display on the other side of the valley hitting the hills several times along with a big gum tree behind us ,
All in all not much gold found but some was ,good old local knowledge saw at least one member with a couple of bits from the hill ,
Meeting was great and like was said before these guys put in alot of work to support us guys and our right to enjoy this great hobbie we share
Think i only dozzed of for a split second this one ,had a great talk by Douglas stone whom all enjoyed qnd another gret end auction with some definitel bargains had by some ,
Drinks again around the campfire the Saturday night and a quick swing early Sunday morning before a leisurely pack up camp and quite enjoyable drive home before the bathurst crowds even left ,,,,

any news yet on Napfa agm or are we not aloud this year or are we to scared of the Gate's plandemic or we can't social distance out in the bush successfully ???
Just thought I'd ask as I need a break from work and normally take a week off in conjunction with the AGM

Mark! how are you mate...I understand that it's going to be difficult for a meeting to be held this year.Like you I am itching to have a meeting take place but as I understand it there are a number of implications, centered around the Covid19 crisis that have to be addressed. I am sure that Tathradj and the committee are doing what they can and the situation may well be addressed in the next report due sometime soon.Did you see where in 'Members Meetups
we are going to Maryborough Victoria...in March next year...it's gonna be a fantastic event...well worth the travel mate...a few of us are going to plan to meet up on the way down and convoy!...It's gonna be so cool mate...catch up with the conversation mate and you'll see why it's gonna be such a blast.
My very Kindest Regards...Rossco.

Hey reefer how are you buddy yeah I'm over this covid crap but if other associations like archery meets and other outdoor activities are now aloud I can't see why we can't as long as we stay 1.5 meters apart , the Vic trip sounds good buddy ill see how many holidays and rdos I've got definitely keen

Latest posts