More of a reintroduction from one of the original foundation members who left the forum due to political difference with the past administration...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Wal, I'll give you a call in the next few days to update you on my trip to Vic. Don't get excited unless you want to see my jar full for lead shots and casings :(. Fun trip in beautiful country none the less.
K
Looking forward to the report...so long as you had fun.

Welcome back walnliz
I wasnt around when you were here originally but i did stumbled upon your YouTube channel when I was starting out prospecting.
I do think detectorist are a bit wacky ;) but i enjoy your channel

Welcome back walnliz
I wasnt around when you were here originally but i did stumbled upon your YouTube channel when I was starting out prospecting.
I do think detectorist are a bit wacky ;) but i enjoy your channel
Thanks mate....glad you enjoy some of the vids we put together...cheers Wal.

Twas a pleasure to bump into you and Liz last June out at Tibooburra and its even better now to see you back on the forum .
Welcome home mate !
Thanks mate...Tibbo is a great place for a bit of fun and to get away from our Canberra frosts...Had some serious rain out there since our last trip so will try and do a thread on the location in the near future...Cheers Wal.

Welcome back Wal.
Been a long time between trips mate. Its good to see you active on the forum once again.
Your input and shared experiences has always been golden to all of us learning the trade [so to speak]
Looking forward to reading some more about what you've been getting up to
Cheers
ChrisM

Welcome back Wal.
Been a long time between trips mate. Its good to see you active on the forum once again.
Your input and shared experiences has always been golden to all of us learning the trade [so to speak]
Looking forward to reading some more about what you've been getting up to
Cheers
ChrisM
Thanks Chris....good to be back and looking forward to catching up with the detectors again....organize a trip soon.

Was just flicking through a few posts and saw some responses from walnLiz. Thought they must have been old ones so I started looking in more detail to see what was going on. Thought my iPad was playing up for a minute. Gee Wal, it’s good to see you back on here. Some of your early video clips inspired me to start playing with gold. I must thank you for that (or should I curse you for the damage that you have done to my brain.) I’m really looking forward to your input. Your knowledge and experience will help us all in our quest to find the magic yellow “rock.” I still have a few of your Wal’s mud eye pattern that you taught me how to tie all those years ago when you had the shop in Belco. They worked a treat at Ben Hur point and always produced fish for me in the warmer months. Should make the effort to get back there and have another play but this other hobby always gets in the way. Hope to talk to you soon.

cheers

Les

Was just flicking through a few posts and saw some responses from walnLiz. Thought they must have been old ones so I started looking in more detail to see what was going on. Thought my iPad was playing up for a minute. Gee Wal, it’s good to see you back on here. Some of your early video clips inspired me to start playing with gold. I must thank you for that (or should I curse you for the damage that you have done to my brain.) I’m really looking forward to your input. Your knowledge and experience will help us all in our quest to find the magic yellow “rock.” I still have a few of your Wal’s mud eye pattern that you taught me how to tie all those years ago when you had the shop in Belco. They worked a treat at Ben Hur point and always produced fish for me in the warmer months. Should make the effort to get back there and have another play but this other hobby always gets in the way. Hope to talk to you soon.

cheers

Les
Thanks Les, glad to be back and as time permits i hope to do quite a bit of posting...glad that mudeye fly has caught you some good fish and look forward to catching up again. Cheers Wal.

Hi Wal I'm relatively new on these forums but love some of your YouTube vids. I grew up on the south coast and bumped into one of your detecting buddy's from Canberra. Bloody funny bastard. Can't quite remember his name but had a 2200d. Anyway we got on well. I thought I was the only bloke to find some spots east of Canberra.. but nope, he tells me you two both had already been there!
Glad you're back.
Skip

Hi Wal I'm relatively new on these forums but love some of your YouTube vids. I grew up on the south coast and bumped into one of your detecting buddy's from Canberra. Bloody funny bastard. Can't quite remember his name but had a 2200d. Anyway we got on well. I thought I was the only bloke to find some spots east of Canberra.. but nope, he tells me you two both had already been there!
Glad you're back.
Skip
Thanks Skip and glad some of our vids gave you encouragement back in the day. There's quite a few of us funny blokes up here in Canberra and i put it squarely on the number of political morons who try to influence our country from up on that big hill.;). Some of that rubbish seems to rub off on us and on many occasions gives us locals a lesser of an opinion from folks in other states. You are searching in some good country east of us and we have spent some 50 years working the richer fields out that way. My second big time hobby is fishing so when the fish are off the bite on the south coast the dirt fishing inevitably takes over. Hope to catch up with you sometime down there. Cheers Wal.

Last edited:
Thanks Skip and glad some of our vids gave you encouragement back in the day. There's quite a few of us funny blokes up here in Canberra and i put it squarely on the number of political morons who try to influence our country from up on that big hill.;). Some of that rubbish seems to rub off on us and on many occasions gives us locals a lesser of an opinion from folks in other states. You are searching in some good country east of us and we have spent some 50 years working the richer fields out that way. My second big time hobby is fishing so when the fish are off the bite on the south coast the dirt fishing inevitably takes over. Hope to catch up with you sometime down there. Cheers Wal.
No worries Wal. I love fishing too. Btw few tuna getting about ATM 😉

Latest posts