My Nokta Fors Core Hunts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This moment will go down in history Rocketaroo

Forscore and nine pre-decimals ago Rocket upgraded his machine and Ramjet faded into BB oblivion.

Great start :cool:

RKT,.... hope that ground ain't QUEENSLAND HARD at the moment for you,... 3 cm here at the moment is bad enough(let alone 30cm),... want a back hoe for any thing deeper than 3 cm here,... actually,... I wonder what could be here down past the 3 cm mark now ?.

Didnt get a chance to hunt till after 2 today, so travelled 5mins to my 1860s relic spot. Its where I got my oldest coin, and many old relics, but prob only 20 or so coins, in about 5 hunts. Its just 2 old former house blocks, now used as a garden/throughfare to the shops. The halfpenny is 1922, and roopenny 1950. Got my first complete old spoon, that only took me 7 months! Will hit a better spot next time :) Loving the nokta, adjusted the lower stem, made it longer, now its perfectly balanced, a joy to swing!

1442652300_spoon.jpg

Another thing, with the xterra 705, I didnt use discrimination, I went all metal. This was because, even a little would make good signals choppy, and iffy ones obliterated. It took time to adjust to hearing everything, and it was hard on the ears, it really tested my concentration. This is where the atpro seems better than the 705, iron mask works on it. Well, iron mask works great on the Nokta. It does not deteriorate good signals, or the even the iffy ones! I was running iron mask at 40 today, and it was sweet on the signals :) I have never been a fan of descrimination, but on the nokta, it works! with no drawbacks, that I can see thus far.

managed to get two hours in this avro, its been raining almost continously this weekend. Still got wet, digging in soaked turf, mud all over the new nokta 8.( Got my first britania half penny, 1907. Two roo pennys, and a really black thrip, think its a wheet stalk one. Few BBs, and an addicts vapor thingy, plus another bit of the gold plated pocket watch, that I found with the xterra 705 (very close to where it was). Messy hunt, but enjoyable :)

1442734173_mudhunt1.jpg

1442734223_huntmud2.jpg

Great to see the Nokta is treating you well Rocket, onwards and upwards from here on in. Though it may make Ramjet's decision on a new detector even harder with those sorts of results, choices, choices eh. ;)

Latest posts