My Nokta Fors Core Hunts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It arrived :) Thanks to Owen from CWPS, for giving me a good price on the propack. They are Nokta Australia, and all warranty/servicing done by them, here in Australia.

1442475466_fc1.jpg

1442475528_fc2.jpg

1442475592_fc3.jpg

mbasko said:
Heatho said:
Nice, it comes well packed with all those different compartments, geez you don't get that with even the most expensive minelabs.......
Top set up hey. Thats how a top line detector should come.

Totally agree Matt, it's perfect. Would be great to have that type of orignal packing for when you want to sell a detector too, would make it a lot easier than trying to remember which bit of cardboard went where.....

yep, its an impressive package they have put together. The three coils are double D, and are really light. I did get 30mins in the front yard, mainly practicing pinpointing. It feels very different to the way the minelab pinpointed, but is the same I spose, need to get used to it. Sensitivity runs from 01 to 100. Default is 50, but on 01 sensitivity, it pings a 1cent at 20cms (sitting on top of the grass)! The standard coil has excellent seperation. My front yard is full of hot rocks. The ace 350 was pretty much unusable in it, the 705 needed the sens backed down by a third, but the nokta is sweet at full sensitivity, few peeps, but nothing really. The arm cuff is aluminium, no breaking that! The covers fit well, the switches, and keypad feel nice. Two tiny negatives, the handgrip cover blocks the search light, and the headphone cable is really thin. Even with a cover on, volume at halfway is plenty, but with headphones, it needs very little volume. It seems to be a really well made, and balanced machine, happy thus far :)

rocketaroo said:
It arrived :) Thanks to Owen from CWPS, for giving me a good price on the propack. They are Nokta Australia, and all warranty/servicing done by them, here in Australia.

All good mate...use it like you stole it. :lol:

Just remember, they are a very high gained unit, the last thing you want to do is over gain it....its not like most VLFs where you need to crank them to get something from them. Low gain as you have seen will work quite well.

Got 3 hours in after lunch, for her maiden voyage! Went to a spot where we allways get coins, going over the same turf that never stops giving. Got the pinpointing sussed now, its really easy. I still dont know how much sensitivity to run, its finding stuff, and stable, no matter what I level I choose. Stopped using the headphones, theres a ton of volume, even on targets 30cm down. Actually all the pre decs were between 23cm, and 30cm. I reckon its a great machine, getting results with only a few hours on it :)

1442558226_noktafirst.jpg

Latest posts