Minelab SDC2300 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I have searched high and low for these sdc plugs. The closest to it that I can find is a Bose/lemo plug used on aviation headsets. I figured the plug would be for headsets that are commonly used in the military, with 3 of the 6 pins used for a mic.

Hello Nenad,

I will be wanting one of your adapters ASAP. Please let me know details of how to go about getting one. I was getting close to trying to make one myself by cutting off the Koss adapter but hate to do that. So good job and best wishes on your new endeavors.

Steve Herschbach

I really like the SDC - brilliant little detector!

Nenad,
I am very much interested in getting this adapter, please let us all know when it becomes available.
Have been using my sdc successfully each time getting a few nuggets from the patch that I had scanned very carefully with the 5000 before. A great little machine, just the phone cord a bit too short.

This might be the third post as when I submit they dont show....add me to the must buy ASAP list thanks Phase Tech
Oz

Hi all,

Thanks for your interest guys.

Please email me: [email protected] with your postal address, and preferred payment method: Paypal, Bank deposit or Money Order.

Cheers,

Nenad

Went out Yesterday around Chewton and found 3 little nuggets and 6 bits of Quartz that were setting off the SDC. Bought the Quartz home and ended up with this.
1408867131_photo11.jpg

Well done Wooly, The sdc is one very sensitive little detector. I am sure there will be some bigger bits being shown on this forum soon with that detector, maybe it might be you mate. :)

kemjak57 said:
I had a go with one of these on the weekend at The Palmer River in NQ and was really impressed. There is a spot that we went to with my Whites GMT ,an ATX, the Minelab 2300 and a 5000 with 11 inch mono. I was lucky enough to zing the first bit 1.3 grams and then we all started to have turns in that spot to see how each machine went. The 2300 picked out lots if targets and the best was 2.3 grams at about 5/6 inches. Each machine found gold with the ATX having a bit of trouble picking up the really small stuff. The Whites got 4 pieces with the smallest being pin head size at about 2 inches and I scored a piece about .3gram with the 2300 from a different site. I was impressed with the smoothness of the 2300 in pretty ordinary ground. The 2300 got 9 pieces with the smallest about the same as the Whites. ATX and 5000 got 6 pieces between them with a similar result. The 5000 with a Sadie coil on it was deadly picking out 4 pieces that the others missed. In all we got 23 pieces from a bit of ground no more than 1.5 meters square. To top it off I scored an 1852 sixpence with an Ace 250 and a 90 kilo boar with a 30-30. An unbelievable weekend with excellent company. Cheers Rick

What coil was used on the atx

Just a quick update. The first batch of leads is ready, and I am starting to post out today.

Thanks for all the pre-orders, only 25% remains of the first batch.

Nenad

luckyeddie (4umer) said:
Hi guys.Just to let you know . my son was using his 2300 the other day and snagged a target in conglomerate. It sounded like an ordinary small target.It was a meter from telecom cables. 20 feet from overheadpowerlinesand the 2300 was purring nicely . He started to dig the target and only managed to dig down 4 inches, Coming back the next day he managed another 4 inches , but he was still getting a signal in the hole, a very stronger signal.Getting worried about leaving the target in the hole another day.,he covered it up well. I came with him the next day with a genie and asmall jack hammerand chiselled out another 4 inches and bingo, out popped a beautiful 6.5 ounce nugget. We couldnt beleive our eyes.Our 4500,s would have found the nugget if it could work near the power lines and telecom cables. So i guess the 2300 does have an advantage in places where other machines cannot go, I havent learnt how to put a photo on the forum, but will as soon as i learn, The 2300 will have there place on the gold fields.
Lucky eddie.

Can't wait to see the photo. :eek:

I'm sure we'll hear a few of these stories come out now. That's a ripper sized piece though! I'll bet that put a smile on their faces :D

Good'ol SDC strikes again. There must be many areas with big lumps sitting in high EMI, hard to detect spots.

Can't wait to see the pics either mbasko. Must be a beauty!

Kindest regards,
Shauno.

Bloody ripper nugget Lucky Eddie's son ! That shows just one scenario where the SDC excels ! :)

My partner is loving our SDC2300 now that I have fixed the ergonomic issues.

One of Nenad's neat adaptor leads arrived today ( thanks a million Nenad ! ) so we will be able to run a speaker booster now and not have to rely on the poxy standard speaker !

Cheers,
Rick

Araratgold said:
Bloody ripper nugget Lucky Eddie's son ! That shows just one scenario where the SDC excels ! :)

My partner is loving our SDC2300 now that I have fixed the ergonomic issues.

One of Nenad's neat adaptor leads arrived today ( thanks a million Nenad ! ) so we will be able to run a speaker booster now and not have to rely on the poxy standard speaker !

Cheers,
Rick
For the price of the SDC you should have Bose full surround audio.
Oh fantastic nugget LE's son.
JACK

Latest posts