Minelab SDC2300 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw that too, and ues I believe it is an attack on the ATX, I just think it would be a lot more attractive in the case of of the CTX3030 case instead of the ugly F4 case.

I'm more waiting for the new super gold detector to come out later in the year which is going to make the 5000 obsolete

nuggetino said:
There's a new super gold detector coming out this year??
Heard that the new "super detector" will be at least 12 months away maybe longer?
I'm not going to watch/wait & will continue my plan to upgrade to a 4500 or 5000 ASAP. If it's better than the 5000 I'll reevaluate in 12-18 months time.
Wouldn't expect resale to drop too much, even with a new super machine, nothing has really affected second hand sales to date. Even the old SD's still fetch pretty good money after releases of the GP & GPX series detectors?
If anything the release of a new machine might make me lean towards the 4500 then if something better comes along I may leapfrog the 5000 altogether?

Minelab over the next 12 months or so:
1. New super gold detector - TBA
2. Mid-price/range gold detector - SDC2300 released soon
3 Low-price/range gold detector - TBA

ah ok I'll carry on with then. Thought I'd missed something. I think I'll keep the 4500 and leap frog the 5000 too if a new detector is released within a year. Of course that's assuming it's not just a revamped 5000

Yep - all I can find on them is they will be based on new "tried & tested" technology so it will be a wait & see game I reckon. Don't know if we'll find much more out about any of them until they're actually released?
Maybe MPF isn't a typo of MPS? :eek:

What are your thoughts on the new Minelab SDC 2300 Metal Detector coming out from Minelab?
Any guesses as to the price?

I think minelab treat the sd series as their own series and this one being new with additional functionality, underwater, compact etc they figure they can charge $4k for it. I can see it being perfect for the traveler mind you but limited on coils is a deal breaker.

Why would they design it for one coil only ?? if it could take different coils I may have been a sale for them.. One coil only " NO DEAL! !!" not for that money. . : /

Didn't Minelab just recently deny a new "super detector" was in the works?

Latest posts