Minelab SDC2300 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Syndyne said:
Totally my pleasure Wolf.

I should've added that I was running on setting 3 and just using the speaker (just picked up the new headphones this afternoon). There was no wind so it was nice and clear.

The flake was 6.5mm x 4.5mm, around 1mm thick.

Target size and orientation are quite important. Looking forward to someone finding a piece where the weight numbers come before the decimal point! Hopefully I can pick up something over a gram soon.

All the best,
Shauno.

Thanks

I'd love to chime in, but I haven't measured any of the nuggets I've found. I only measured that larger bit of lead I showed in one of my videos. Hopefully get out again next week, and will take the ruler with me.

The ground was pretty damp too, could be a reason for the air v's ground difference. Will be interesting over Summer when a lot of ground becomes baked dry to see if it can achieve the same depth.

:) This bit was at 2.5 inch s in red clay I don't no the weight, as my digital scales will not register on it
1406848500_small_gold.jpg

Most detectors you can fix the ground balance, but the sdc2300 is always tracking. Could this contribute to there being such a big difference between air and ground on this detector?

Down by a creek today detecting and had a faint signal on the SDC.

It got louder as i got down to around 14 to 16 inches.
1407063211_photo.jpg

This rock was directly on top of the big gold nugget I was going to find.
1407063290_photo2.jpg

But guess what I came up with instead?????
1407063345_photo1.jpg

ARRRRH I thought I was onto it this time. Could not believe the depth that I picked it up at. Prior to this I was beginning to think I had the worlds most expensive bird shot detector that only found bird shot at 2 inches.

So the pics of the new SDC all look great as do some of the SDC's with members finds .... alas mine has not found as much gold as some of those so often pictured here on Facebook and various other locations ......
Mine looks like crap compared to the nice new shiny photos we usually see, wet conditions, red clay, pipe clay, roo dung and general grime all seem to call my SDC "home".

Just wondering how the SDC users out there clean there units (SDC's that is) ........
Found one potential solution used by a member ......
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1817/1407722138_cam00060-optimized.jpg

Don't know if I want to go to that extreme.
Cheers Tom

Hi Tom you might laugh but for a waterprood detector i
would use truck wash.

Soak it lightly with water then with a clean unused paint
brush wash the detector then Rinse and wipe.

303 aerospace which is used for dash boards is not
silicone Based and you can apply a bit on a cloth
then wipe which will Rejuvenate the plastic. Can be
Purchased from auto barn.

I just hose mine down and wipe it over with a cloth to dry it and get any fine dirt off. Actually the manual says you can use a MILD detergent.

Truck wash is a pretty harsh detergent and may damage the seals, it will damage paint on some cars......

I own a sdc 2300 and its brilliant.
The one thing I really need is a din to
headphone socket adapter.
Yes industrial deafness and loud music/bikes.
Does anyone know where one can be bought?
Aint keen on cutting the Koss adapter.
While i am on a roll, why didnt Minelab
Bluetooth the unit like the CTX?

I have developed one. Hoping to have the first batch ready by the end of the month. RRP will be $95.

That's great PT .... now just need to know what's available in the way of external speaker set ups, any that you can vouch for to suit SDC/GPX units ...... hearing aids and the Koss headphones are a pain.
Trust the road trip is going well.
Cheers Tom

The old Radio Shack speaker booster works a charm if you can find one, but it needs a few mods. Also a bit of a pain having to unscrew it to disconnect the battery.
I'll be testing out a B&Z booster with headphones and external speaker this week.

Teemore said:
That's great PT .... now just need to know what's available in the way of external speaker set ups, any that you can vouch for to suit SDC/GPX units ...... hearing aids and the Koss headphones are a pain.
Trust the road trip is going well.
Cheers Tom

if you can't find an old radio shack booster speaker, the coiltek booster speaker will work on the sdc and sd/gp but does not like the gpx as it gets a hum in the back ground.
regards tm

Anyone have a Vktek Treasuremate II amplifier/speaker? Be interesting to see how one of those goes on the SDC with the adapter cable.
I had one for my SD2200D & it worked well on it.

Latest posts