Minelab Go-Find information, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldpick

Chris Johnson
Reaction score
1425202588_post-400-0-79584000-1425190926.jpeg

1425202607_post-400-0-06453200-1425191297.jpeg

One for the coin/relic hunters. Supposedly it:
- is going to be a game changer
- has Bluetooth
- runs at 7.8 kHz?
- weighs 1.05kg
- has 3 models, 20, 40 & 60
- has a price range $US179 - $US309
- has ground tracking & can be used on wet salt beaches
- will make the Garrett Ace series Dinosaur's
- folds up to less than 600mm long
- has a touch screen etc.

http://md-hunter.com/minelab-go-find-20-40-60-new-2015/

Shame that we had to hear about these first from the US and not in Oz. Though I do understand that the US market is quite lucrative, especially if stealing away sales from their most popular budget detectors like the Ace series. Got to hand it to them though, they make the current crop of budget detectors look old hat with their innovative design and layout.

If you can get through all the initial Minelab promo garb in the start of the you tube clip, they do show one of the Go-find detectors in operation, tones etc. Looks to be hardwire concentric coils for the Go-find series, ruling out involvement from third party coil manufacturers.

Looks like a good series of detectors to fold up and throw in the back of the car for any impromptu opportunities. It will be interesting to see what the recovery speed is like compared to some of the current offerings.

Interesting that they have March slated for the release in the US, but have May for their Oz customers?? Despite that, I will be interested in purchasing the Go-find 60 as a general coin shooter for the car. The 20 model comes with an 8" coil, whereas the 40 & 60 come with a 10" coil, and it's great to see a backlit screen for both the 40 & 60. The only thing I can pick on at this stage is the lack of a 6.3mm headphone socket, whick is a pity considering the Teknetics detectors offer both 3.5mm and 6.3mm.

They also don't appear to be touch screen operated, all functions are accessed via the keypad going by the instruction sheet. :)

Very interesting looking detectors. Does anyone know what the smart phone interface is for? I'm not loyal to any specific brand however, at the moment, Minelab seem to be kicking goals.

The app on the go-find 60 allows for coin identification, remote control of the detector, record finds on google maps, music plus other functions not publisised as yet. All mentioned on the brochure. ;)

I hope they release a cover for the screen, looks like it would get easily scratched.

Looking at the you tube clip again, the US release was actually May as well as Oz, so my bad. :8

More info from the clip indicates that it is actually based off the VFLEX x-terra family, with auto tracking from the 705. Will be interesting to see how it handles the salt on the beach, they seem to be confident that it will run quiet, which is pretty good for the price point. Can't think of many other detectors in this price bracket that offer auto ground tracking, I reckon Garrett better hurry up and update its aging Ace series, likewise with Fisher's entry level F-series detectors.

Would love to see minelab do a Spock special edition with these detectors.

They look like Star Trek props.
Not a complaint I think they look cool.

Goldpick said:
I reckon Garrett better hurry up and update its aging Ace series, likewise with Fisher's entry level F-series detectors.

Fisher introduced info on new models about 6 weeks ago for an upcoming release.

Would it be easy for someone computer minded and greedy to hack into it and steal locations of finds?

Wolfau said:
Goldpick said:
I reckon Garrett better hurry up and update its aging Ace series, likewise with Fisher's entry level F-series detectors.

Fisher introduced info on new models about 6 weeks ago for an upcoming release.

Yes, I see Fisher are introducing the F11, F22 & F44 for release around mid May. It's a pretty cut throat market, so it will be interesting to see how the Minelab detectors will be accepted on the US market over the domestic models. :)

These seem low end to me, been looking at vids, and decided even the top model is a entry level machine. I suspect no better than the ace series, except that display, and menus are very flash :)

Latest posts