Lost wedding ring

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys

theirs a lady on facebook and her husband lost his wedding band whilst cockling down Goolwa beach. I know a couple of you guys frequent down that way.

anyhow heres her post from facebook:

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has found a mens wedding band with inscription on the inside.. around goolwa area...

My husband went cockling last season and he lost on the beach..

It a 9ct yellow gold wide flat band plain band with a inscription the inside.
Will give details on inscription on requests

Thanks in advance from a wife of a silly man..lol
Kathryn Hutchinson

Cheers if anyone can help

The Golden Pick

I head down there frequently but have not found any rings. Heaps of coins, horse shoes, tent peg, beer cans, a watch and heaps of other crap. But I have only just started to go to the waters edge. The sand is fairly deep at Goolwa and its a long beach.
If I turn one up I will message you.

Cliff

Bit of white wine, sweet chilli sauce, cream and some cockles stirfried in a wok. Ohh sooo yummm. :p But I can walk down the beach get a couple of dozen for entree anytime when in season.

Love em. :)

Sandta said:
Bait ... Definately bait! :D
... But , some do eat them .... YUCK !
Definately bait !

I have a Thai girlfriend, what I used to throw over the side working on prawn trawlers she considers delicacies and given a a few basic ingredients she turns "bait" into a 5 star meal.

cockles are often called clams in other countries

Jaros said:
Little shelfish are Cockles. Never tried them. The asian people along our coastline in Qld. are stripping them from the shores. :mad:

Cockles or Pippies are dug or toed by every fisherman I know. I know some pretty greedy nationalities other than Asians as you say that drag the beach and stuff it also looking for bait, food or treasure. Another inane comment.

1413271792_imagesq4qnmdig.jpg

Cockle, Pippie or clam. Great tucker, better bait. We dig them down Nelson way and use them to catch big whiting off Portland.

Thanks to everyone for the explanation, I had never heard of it. I know when I lived down south that Stockton Beach near Newcastle was stripped bare of Pippies,Cockles, Eugeries (not sure of the spelling but used in Qld,apparently) by some seafood lovers and that also had a bad effect on the Jewfish fisherman,sad but true. We had a similar situation in Brissie a few years ago with blokes and cast nets collecting prawns by the tinnie full,bad news.
Anyway hope the ring gets found while Cockling hahahaha.
Cheers
Mackka

Latest posts