Today's Treasures

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was down the beach again today and found mostly junk but did manage to find a Silver Ring.
My list of crap (not enough posts yet to put pics up).
A twisted old horse shoe with nail thingies in it
11 bottle tops
Sony Walkman Bluetooth headphones
Swimming goggles
some wire
Tent peg
10c
$2
and a Silver ring.
Whilst detecting a couple came up to me and told me that someone had posted a note at another entry (about 200m away) that they had lost a mens wedding band - silver in colour, reward offered. Thought - what the hell, was sort of heading that way. Detected along the top soft stuff on the way, nothing much, read the sign and thought just a needle in a haystack - not knowing where this dude spent his day.
Thought I might run it along the high tide line (waves were about 1/2m away from the line) and within minutes had a beep...
About 2" down, a silver ring, couldn't believe it. Left a message for the (possible owner) on his mobile - will wait for a call back. It is 12grams, has INgOT stamped on the inside and <096> or <960> if I am upsidedown. :)

well done eddi-d I reckon finding something that can be returned to its owner is just as much a thrill as just finding it. in most cases anyway.

Hi Eddi.
Congrats on finding the ring. Hope you find the owner.
You can post pics directly to the forum. They must be under 1 Meg. The ten post rule is that you can't post links to other web sites or images on services such as photobucket. This is to stop spammers.

Cheers

Good onya Eddi, well done on the hunt for the ring, you deserve a reward for your honesty if it turns out to be the lost ring in question,.. We will all be looking eagerly to see what type of reward you receive now that we know the first episode to the hunt for the silver ring. Don't forget to get a picky of it before it leaves your hands,.. I resize my photos on the camera by zooming in on them and making a new photo up closer, that way it loads in onto the forum no worries each time, it was a bit of trial and error at first until I worked out how far I needed to zoom in, and how much meat to leave around the edge of the first photo so It would still look right once I zoomed in to get the real shot that would load,... Others do it a different way that they might tell you as well.

1424055472_1602find.jpg
1424055489_ring.jpg
1424055501_note.jpg

Just waiting on a call back from the note writer....

Interesting ring, Argentium silver (960), with the addition of Germanium to prevent tarnishing. I think INgOT is a jewellery maker in Melbourne. Hopefully they get back to you and reward you for your efforts. :)

Just got off the phone from the owner of this ring. Asked him where he got it from, he said Ingot, told him that's what it says in the ring. He was over the moon that is was found, I must admit that I'm pretty stoked that I even found it. Coming to collect it on Wednesday evening. One saved marriage...hehe
I think that the owner's gratitude is rewarding enough.

You could put the reward towards the cost of a pinpointer or towards fuel costs for a great hunt elsewhere.

Few years back got pestered to go find a very expensive ring on Tathra Beach.
Spent 4 hours and found it.
Young lady said thank you then walked away.
Not even a smile.
Well done mate and glad it is appreciated.

So you are thinkng about one of my prevoius posts.... I may have a stalker!!! It was actually the same beach and roughly the same time of day and at that time of the morning the horses are out for a swim. A private little treasure hunt....hehe

Well, all I can say is that the owner of the ring was VERY VERY grateful. He did send a relative around (someone more local) to collect the ring tonight and she dropped of the "Reward". As I said earlier, just a grateful owner is satisfying enough but now I can enjoy the satisfaction for a little while longer.... check out how grateful he was....
1424244259_gratitude.jpg

Latest posts