Today's Treasures

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats bloody fantastic ....
That bloke deserves a reward for his reward :lol:
He certainly deserves to know how much his gesture is felt and appreciated by all who are bowled over by this story
Good onya Eddi for your part in reuniting this bloke with something that means SO much to him

Happy for you Eddi, that looks like a nice drop,.... don't ruin it with coke or ice mate, just throw it in the freezer for a while and enjoy it straight like the maker wanted (freeze your shotty glass as well),... otherwise they'd have made it mixed with other things before they sold it,... No hangover from the extras then, just have a glass of water before bed and bobs your uncle in the morning.

Yes, I do prefer the whiskey, which incidentally was bottled just last month - Jan 2015. Very fresh indeed, its just like detecting a bottle of scotch..... or maybe some old pirate rum......hhhmmmmm

Back at "Whiskey Beach" (That's what I will call it now....) this morning. Here are my finds, nothing too exciting...
More tent pegs, some bits of metal, a zippo lighter, a buck 20, a bolt I think, my first pull tab, a buckle thingy (I think) another pair of goggles and a pair of thongs. Just in case you were wondering, the detector did NOT detect the thongs, the eyes did.
1424661066_20150223_112813.jpg

1424661066_20150223_112821.jpg

1424661066_20150223_112832.jpg

1424661066_20150223_112915.jpg

Actually they do fit. Can always use another pair of thongs. Now I have 2 pairs of goggles as well. It does make me laugh finding the small tent pegs in soft sand... Did something different today and played in the hard wet sand, hightide mark and down near the water's edge. Did have to turn sensitivity down (lot of falsies) but learning all that as I go. Only the 3rd time out. 1 of the 50c was about 6" down in the wet stuff.

Well done mate... :p
There you go... You just proved a valuable learned lesson
Think outside the box , if hunting where someone has obviously been
Most people will search the easiest obvious places first (i do ... We probably all do... or at least intend to until reading the signs that tell you to look elsewhere)

I was stoked to dig it up,(Not sure if I want to clean it up though.) the 20 cent piece was about 10m away a little deeper. Only hits I got in that vicinity, maybe next time go out a little further (when the tide is out a little further out). There's still a little sand in the rocky area to explore.

Latest posts