Lasseters gold reef

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just finished watching Expedition Unknown Lasseters Gold it shows proof Lasseter was not in Australia when he supposedley found the gold but when he came back he went looking for it West of Alice Springs when it was actually East of Alice Springs because thats where they found the 3 Hills that looked like the womens bonnets & also found reefs of Quartz Its all on private property.If anyone wants a copy just organize a thumb drive to send me

Damn, so all that searching I did around Lasseter's Cave at the Hull River hoping that he had left a stash of nuggets before wandering off was a complete waste of time. :mad:

1567062126_271_lasseter_s_cave_at_hull_river.jpg

But the Reef is on private land did also see that episode makes sense that's why it was never found...Very Interesting viewing :Y:

So you are saying he played the two card trick and it has been working for decades ? He pointed people in the wrong direction ?

FOZ

no he had the wrong direction
just starting said:
So you are saying he played the two card trick and it has been working for decades ? He pointed people in the wrong direction ?

FOZ

I think he (Lasseter) &/or others he talked with, may have been suffering heat-stroke/dehydration &/or delusional hallucinations.
After all this time, & all the mining company exploration, aerial surveys etc, surely it would have been located again by now if it were real.
but hey, whether it be a myth, legend or fact, it will keep people going
:goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :eek:

I think he started the story to get people out looking in the hope of finding a new area, if that was his intention it certainly worked.

The topo maps might hold better clues as to where the gold is. There are quite a few members on here that know alot about the reef and the possible where abouts.
I won't be finding it tho, simple answer; couldn't be bothered.

Latest posts