Knee Replacement / s

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear that things are not going well. My Dr told me that at about 9weeks something happens and the sensations in the knees change (for the better). They do not know what happens or what causes it or why (mine happened at 11 weeks).

Ask what kind of bag they would be thinking of? After my bowel cancer resection op'I had a looped ileostomy bag (different to colostomy bag). It was manageable. You get lots of support and access to supplies. A looped ileostomy is on the small bowel and is reversable.

AngerManagement said:
Still on IV antibiotics and off tomorrow if all goes well.

That will mean 2 weeks of big horse tablets.

Now I have to work on DRY farts ( loud and proud) and to pass some formed #2s.

Sorry to hear of your Trouble's AM, hope your back to your usual self soon,

" Where ever you maybe Let your wind go free, In Church or Chapal let it Rattle" :playful: :) :) :Y: :trophy:

Have made the call previously; we often take our physical health for granted and then reality hits home.

For many of us there is no Check Eng Light warning and or we ignored it for a tad too long and then we get caught out.

As we get older I am sure there are a few here that have had hips and or knees replaced. I have been in strife for a few years post lots of damage some 40 years ago and about 8 operations to date. And now I am advised that a replacement is the only option.

The Covid-19 relaxations have caused fun and games for the schedules and who has moved up and or down the priority list. See the man this Wednesday to set a date and time to have it done.

Interested in any first hand experience Re Recovery time and Impact on your Mobility, post a knee replacement - focusing on Camping and Detecting activities !!!!!
Hi All,

just wanted to add my 5cents worth to the discussion. I only ended up with a tendon and kneecap reconstruction after falling backwards onto a pile of rocks in Jan 2021. Lucky I had mates out in the bush at the time cos I was in Shit Steet. Had surgery and am still wobbly when walking. It makes me feel uneasy over anything apart from a flat surface. These 2 Youtube links will provide good info so check 'em out and

Been a while now but NO more PAIN and reasonable functionality; but stability on un even surfaces is a PITA and where I once loved the surf and mucking about. Any sort of strong wave pressure on teh side or strong pull back from a wave on a steep beach = My knee will not manage it.

As with my replacement I no longer have my ACL.

Let alone getting down on the floor or trying to get down and work low... I have to roll over and get up on one knee...

Have made the call previously; we often take our physical health for granted and then reality hits home.

For many of us there is no Check Eng Light warning and or we ignored it for a tad too long and then we get caught out.

As we get older I am sure there are a few here that have had hips and or knees replaced. I have been in strife for a few years post lots of damage some 40 years ago and about 8 operations to date. And now I am advised that a replacement is the only option.

The Covid-19 relaxations have caused fun and games for the schedules and who has moved up and or down the priority list. See the man this Wednesday to set a date and time to have it done.

Interested in any first hand experience Re Recovery time and Impact on your Mobility, post a knee replacement - focusing on Camping and Detecting activities !!!!!
I had severe nerve pain for four weeks then it just stopped and haven’t had any since. You must do your recovery work from the next day after the operation and that means walking and stair work comes about a week later. I had both knees done the same day and have never regretted it one moment but you must do your recovery exercises and walking every day or you will end up with a knee that doesn’t function properly. Good luck and don’t worry about it interfering with your coil as I never had problems 👍

Thought I would add a progress report..3 years in Feb since my BTKR and both my knees are for the most part pain free, if I sit for a long time I have to stretch when I first stand up and every now and then I get a little niggle so to speak...I can get on my knees(better with knee pads) and squat down with little to no pain...It has been a long road but am still improving after 3 years...My wife is supposed to have a knee replacement in the near future and the only advise I have given her is that if she is not prepared to put the work in early then it is a waste of time having it done...(that's just what I think but everyone is different)
Cheers...

Latest posts