Interesting finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the looks of it I would say it is gold plated by the wear on it, still good finds though whatever the outcome

\
Peko said:
By the looks of it I would say it is gold plated by the wear on it, still good finds though whatever the outcome

You'd think the '' jeweller '' could tell ! :p a hefty bracelet like this, even 9ct. would cost a bomb. :cool:

If it was plated copper, it would be registering a lot higher on the conductivity scale, so I reckon it may be the real deal. +2 on the jeweller, I wouldn't be going back there any time soon. :(

Hi Goldpick
Further about the "jeweller" it was not a 'jeweller' as such but the head sales assistant of a jewellery retail store who couldn't confirm and advised me to get further confirmation. She also viewed the area where the gold mark is supposed to be and could not confirm, as no mark could be seen.
Thanks for your input and comments

Hmm although not familiar with the GB signal response I'd say your more than a good chance if you can repeat a signal from a gold ring, I concur with GP copper would ring up a higher conductivity ID, secretly I test mine using a test kit picked up from the prospecting shop (yellow and green lid bottles) very cheap and accurate, despite needing a little gold dust extracted from the source piece. Now the secret is out I can say my gold finds don't make it public, it's a small world and I turn the Rings in so I figure finders keepers. If you decide to sell try the regular gold buyers, and set that as the reserve price can't lose. The gold content will be important to a potential buyer. If that turns out to be plated I'd be very interested to see what it was.

Hi all

Just got back from the city where I had the chain proper job tested

GUTTED !!!!!! :mad: :mad:

Au 0.396 %
Zn 10.49 %
Cu 78.29 %
Ni 10.82 %

Wont be retiring at this rate
Thanks for all your comments and interest
Regards
Misty

Could it be made out of the same stuff as $1 & $2 coins,.... they don't stick to magnets either , and look pretty much like the same sort of metal ?????,.... just thought I'd throw my hat in the ring as long as everyone is still just guessing(ha).

Nevermind, unfortunately junk jewellery is pretty common on the beach, probably because they can't be bothered looking for any lost stuff in the first place. Hopefully the next find will be the real deal. :)

Latest posts