Injuries and accidents while detecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found that as soon as I have been bitten and I am getting the itching I am putting the Vicks on

Then again when I feel it starting to itch

It works for me

My old hairdresser told me that years ago...

Danny13 said:
Chewy said:
Didn't get a pic of it but I did whack myself in the head with the pick one time shooing away flys. :lol:
How big were the flys :lol:
Just normal size flys, but really annoying, although upon reflection not as annoying as a smack in the head with a pick. :lol:

I pulled my shoulder the other day... was wondering how I could have done it. The answer was, while digging a few targets in semi hardened ground with my hand digger, the wooden handle that was already gaffa taped because it was busting out a little near the buisiness end gave way and became semi useless.... not to be detered I pushed on, just holding the digger in a choke hold to still be able to retrieve the junky miserable targets. This of course had an effect on my shoulder as the fulcrum had changed an unawares as I was damaged the shoulder muscle as I had to increase the muscle power to effect the same usual dig.... almost back to normal now, but was a real pain at first.... couldn't even do the washing up as much as I'd have liked too :p

silver said:
I pulled my shoulder the other day... was wondering how I could have done it. The answer was, while digging a few targets in semi hardened ground with my hand digger, the wooden handle that was already gaffa taped because it was busting out a little near the buisiness end gave way and became semi useless.... not to be detered I pushed on, just holding the digger in a choke hold to still be able to retrieve the junky miserable targets. This of course had an effect on my shoulder as the fulcrum had changed an unawares as I was damaged the shoulder muscle as I had to increase the muscle power to effect the same usual dig.... almost back to normal now, but was a real pain at first.... couldn't even do the washing up as much as I'd have liked too :p

At least there was a silver lining - no washing for a while :playful:

The worst I've had was detecting at Creswick. Sliding down an embankment with the old SD 2200 in one hand I reached out to what I thought was a wattle sapling to check my slide. Turns out it was a gorse stalk with one spike left that ended up in my finger. :awful: No worries I thought Ill just go back to camp and pull it out. No way it was coming out even when someone held my hand down and grabbed it with a pair of pointy nose pliers. 8.( So feeling a bit of a goose I went off to the local GP and explained the problem. So he gets out his professional doctoring toolkit and.... Na still not coming out the way it went in. So he says He's gonna have to cut it out. Local goes in scalpel comes out and hey presto out comes a gorse spike with a slight hook on the end. So a couple of stitches and a prescription for some antibiotics and I was good to go and enjoy the rest of my detecting holiday.. NOT. The bloody antibiotics made me feel crook (hot n cold sweats and nauscious) for 3 days so much so that I didn't feel like detecting. I HATE GORSE. :mad:

Latest posts