I Remember When...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started as an apprentice motor mechanic a Bedgoods Bakery in Paddington QLD in 1969 for $16.90 p/w. Paid weekly board at home and purchased a new Mitsubishi Galant in 1971. Blew all my money on motorsport but had a ball. I could fill the Galant tank for $4 at the bakery bowser and get 44 mpg when I was low on points and sticking near the speed limit.

Today I had to get a new computer cable, yep I have one, 🤣 🤣🤣 and the young lady behind the counter askes: "would you like to donate to the Smith Family Childrens Back to School Program? " Sure I said hit me for a couple of bucks! Pardon? A couple of bucks! She looks across to a middle aged lady whom replied to her stare, " $2" , oh thank you sir. FFS what is Australia becoming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Found a pay slip from my employers Burns, Philp and Company today as I was going through some memories, and I earned $15,800 for the year ending 1982. Man I must have been living the good life with interest rates at 18% and working 2 jobs 7days a week to survive and my wife was doing the same. I am no different from thousands of families in those days but we didn't waste money. Getting old, getting craggy. Good luck you poor bastards that don't know shit from clay!

Today I had to get a new computer cable, yep I have one, 🤣 🤣🤣 and the young lady behind the counter askes: "would you like to donate to the Smith Family Childrens Back to School Program? " Sure I said hit me for a couple of bucks! Pardon? A couple of bucks! She looks across to a middle aged lady whom replied to her stare, " $2" , oh thank you sir. FFS what is Australia becoming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i pay cash no cards
at the supermarket every now and then the checkouts struggle to count your change back to you
there a wile ago the operator had 3 attempts of counting my change back to me and failed at each attempt
i said don't worry about it, you have the right amount there ,but just do one thing for me
operator -what's that
me - just remember this day when you are in charge of me at the old peoples home

Latest posts