In My Day

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moneybox. Thanks for the heads up on the family. Im retired on the Sunshine Coast now. I see you are chasing the shiny stuff. Once a year I go to Central Qld and chase the sparkly stuff and swing my Nox around the beaches here. It must be 50+ years since I have seen or spoken to you. Would have been about when your brother Allan was a groomsman at our wedding. I hope the other people on this forum indulge us with the reconnect and reminiscing. If the subject here is doing silly stuff, as a 13-14 year old Im not sure if it was you or one of your brothers with me coming home from school on our bikes and coming across a big eastern brown snake crossing the road so chased it into old Jack Marshalls grape patch with half an old fence post. We were going well at first then it got narky and came back at me so I threw the 1/2 post at it and missed and bolted. Its surprising how fast you can get under 3 rows of grape trellises, through a 4 strand barbed wire fence and back onto the bike and up the road. Good to catch up with an old neighbour and school mate.

linesman said:
Moneybox. Thanks for the heads up on the family. Im retired on the Sunshine Coast now. I see you are chasing the shiny stuff. Once a year I go to Central Qld and chase the sparkly stuff and swing my Nox around the beaches here. It must be 50+ years since I have seen or spoken to you. Would have been about when your brother Allan was a groomsman at our wedding. I hope the other people on this forum indulge us with the reconnect and reminiscing. If the subject here is doing silly stuff, as a 13-14 year old Im not sure if it was you or one of your brothers with me coming home from school on our bikes and coming across a big eastern brown snake crossing the road so chased it into old Jack Marshalls grape patch with half an old fence post. We were going well at first then it got narky and came back at me so I threw the 1/2 post at it and missed and bolted. Its surprising how fast you can get under 3 rows of grape trellises, through a 4 strand barbed wire fence and back onto the bike and up the road. Good to catch up with an old neighbour and school mate.

No linesman I don't think I was there that day but you being the more senior one here perhaps you'd like to recall the day of the tennis at your house when a group of wayward kids barricaded the creek crossing and cut down the prickly pear.... :lol:

Not sure if this is the right spot for this shot, this Chevrolet Flat bed has been abandoned in the bush for over 60 years. It features ib an Orchid walk next to the Padthaway Conservation Park in SA. It belonged to a local beekeeper, Pappy Penny and was used in the forties. Remnants of one of his beehive sites can be found a couple of hundred metres further up the truck. The truck is in remarkable condition considering its age, with the seat upholstery still mainly in tact.
1621389773_87bd2152-24e8-4fe9-a081-bd6386293399.jpg

Latest posts