Greenfield Ride On Seat

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked up my beloved Greenfield ride-on mower from storage yesterday. It was locked away in the back part of a shed in a property that I've rented out for the last 4 years, not needed as we only have a small back yard at our current place that is easily done with a hand mower once every few weeks.

Anyway, when I last used the Greenfield it was in fairly good nick, having then been recently serviced and not having many hours on it. Well, when I took the section of false wall down at the back of the old shed I wasn't prepared for what I found. Rats had eaten half the seat of the ride-on 8.(

I'd left a ton of rat bait in there for them, but alas they had finished it all over the years, apparently gave out a belch and a fart before moving on to the Ride-on.

Not only that, but they had nested underneath the seat, and eaten away at various rubber parts. I just went online to buy some parts, prior to getting her going again, when I discovered that Greenfield mowers went under in 2018.....

I've found plenty of places online that still sell decks, sprockets, belts, and of course parts for the Honda engine that powers it, but of all the replacement seats I can find they all say suit Toro, Cox, John Deere etc., but nothing for Greenfield. Does anyone know of an aftermarket seat that will definitely & easily fit a Greenfield without farting around making brackets etc.?

Thanks in advance.

-D.S

Cost of labour would put it out of the question . Get a seat off some thing else and make it fit . There are some mower wreckers around . Try them .

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I've taken some attachment dimensions and I'm checking out the one Mike mentioned on ebay. Here's a photo that I just took for you Silver.

1619486931_win_20210427_11_10_09_pro.jpg

Buggas did you a right mischeif Deepseeker :eek:
I like yor false wall ploy (except for the rats) :perfect:

For all their damage, there is some art in a rats gnawing. It seems they are from the Impressionist school, sculpting away with their teeth in a way similar to Van gogh's brush strokes. Maybe I should list the seat on ebay as animal art :idea: I could add to it maybe by stenciling in a picture of Banksy parachuting down to a couple of chewing rats :D

20th century pandemic useable animal art $20,000 :money:

Fixes the entire problem as you can just use the mower proudly as it is now :D

Deepseeker said:
For all their damage, there is some art in a rats gnawing. It seems they are from the Impressionist school, sculpting away with their teeth in a way similar to Van gogh's brush strokes. Maybe I should list the seat on ebay as animal art :idea: I could add to it maybe by stenciling in a picture of Banksy parachuting down to a couple of chewing rats :D
True,I see a koala reaching out to grab a giant peanut. :lol:

Eldorado said:
Deepseeker said:
True,I see a koala reaching out to grab a giant peanut. :lol:

Jeesh.... I hope that's the koala's peanut :eek:

Latest posts