Got me some gold today.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aushunter

Brad Welch
Reaction score
I finally got away last weekend for a one dayer and headed out to Glendon.
My boys and I loaded up the buckets by crevicing the dry gully that I normally work.
But it looks as though someone else has been working the spot, but it looks like it was poorly clean.
So out with gear and we managed to fill 8 20 litre bkts and half a dozen wee bkts.
But as usual I didn't get the time to process the material.
But today we loaded up the truck and headed out to the river to put the dirt thru.
I put half thru and scored some nice color and was pretty happy with the results and then the next lot was to be run thru.
A few curious people turned up and had the usual chat about how it was done and so on.
After a while they eventually left and I continued with getting the dirt put thru as light was starting to fade a bit.
I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked in the lower sluice, there was a nice lumpy 2.04 bit staring back at me certainly put a smile on the dial.
I will put a couple of photos up shortly, total for the evening was a little over 3.2 grams and still have 3 buckets of dirt to process.
A good day.
Cheers
Brad...

I even got to, well sorta test out the E-Z sluice.

I just pushed the tapered end into the bottom of the HB and it seemed to work OK, After adjusting it a bit it seem to work without any build up of material in were the miners moss and riffles are.

Another view of the crazy set-up.

And then this little piece lunked up :D . :lol:
Had a double take on the whole thing, but you couldn't wipe the smile from my dial, no way.

Total for the day and still have 3 bkts in the truck and 8 bkts behind the shed of material to put thru.
And to balance out the good luck, a bit of bad news, my job finally went to China and now I am an unemployed house husband with heaps of things to do, lost my job this morning but I am the first of heaps that are going the same way.
More time to sluice and chase gold I guess.
Thanks for looking
Cheers
Brad....

Great results there Brad, crap about the "Job" though. You might be able to become a full time miner with results like that. best of luck,

Cheers Wal.

Maybe my fortune are in the other 11bkts of dirt :lol:
Thanks Wal, already got my Resume out there, Things are not doing too well in the mining business, maybe time to try something different.
I have a lot to do at home and can be busy doing the reno and few other things wife lady has in stall for me.
Cheers
Brad

Sucks about the job Brad, many more to follow no doubt, which is sad for our "LUCKY" country... good luck w the job hunting and better luck w the gold hnting,
Tone

Wow Brad what a ripper nugget mate! :eek:

Best to take the good with the rather unfortunate turn of events and get a bit more prospecting done in that spot if you can. It could pay off nicely!
Gotta love seeing a nugget in the HB. Great result! :D

Kindest regards,
Shauno.

well today I will put thru those 3 bkts and post up the findings, you just never know.
Cheers
Brad..

Wow that's an awesome piece of gold! That's the sort of thing anyone crevicing dreams about finding, well done, shame to hear about your job but I guess while you have some down time at least you have a ripper spot to go back to! Hope things work out on the job front for you soon and thanks for sharing.

Adam

Thats a great piece of gold Brad.
Hope the rest of its family are in the other buckets mate
Good luck with it. Thanks for the pics.
Cheers
Chris

Good find Brad! Are you equipped with a detector? I reckon hitting your dry gully with one would be the go if there is a 2 gram piece floating around.

Shame about the job.. I just had a mandatory 2 week sabbatical courtesy of my old employer also. Chased the gold twice & got to the beaches an additional 3 times, so considering I had 2 weeks pay it was time I really enjoyed. I hope you too can make the most of it. Hope the other buckets hold some glory for you.

Cheers, Matt.

Thanks Fellas,
Well the last 3 bkts only resulted in about a 1/4 of a gram, I still have 8 bkts behind the shed to put thru so I will load them up into the back of the truck and head on out to the river this weekend.
Now I am thinking that this is just the beginning of this crevice so heres hoping.
Cheers
Brad...

They say that one door closes and another opens... life will sort its self out if you put your heart into it.. The down side is she has you on tap 24/7... Damb I hate lawnmowers.... I sorted my wife right up when we hooked up... I made a mess of everthing on her list and buggered it up good and proper... She does not even ask these days...And I gave the mower and weed wacker she bought me away 10 years after they arrived... They were still as new.. :lol:

Latest posts