Got me some gold today.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great find there Brad thanks for sharing, it gives us beginners some hope, actually I am still to get my hands dirty looking for shiny stuff. Bad luck about the job, hope you get another one soon, in the meantime keep working on the missus list.....cheers Debra

Great results Brad, Nice and chunky.. I am wondering the winged sluice on the back end of your HB,
what brand is that, i need something like that on my HB. I normally put the sieve and pan at the bottom
just in case something goes over the back. that set up would save a lot of extra work.

Sorry to hear about your job, I have been in the same boat lately. getting out and chasing the gold has
kept me out of trouble with the mrs, and keeps me working at something other than CV's and applications.

cheers
rudy

Thanks People,
Mr Rude, the winged sluiced is a E-Z Sluice I was testing out, we had a group buy on the forum earlier on and purchased a few.
I was a little concerned with some of the reports on it but soon worked out the angle and flow and seemed to work fine enough.
The big green box under the E-Z Sluice is the lower part of my original monster H'Banker.
I like the idea of that extra length just to be sure, still haven't had to much gold in the lower box as yet.
The idea of full prospecting came to me about 20yrs ago, loaded up the ute ready to head off up north, went out to a mates birthday party one night and met the wife, amazing how life changes.
Cheers
Brad....

I would love to get a 2 gramm piece one day
I've never seen anything bigger than Oallen powder lol
Well done

Thanks again people,
I put the other 8 bkts thru today and only ended up getting 0.6gr but the ground I was getting the dirt from was pretty well flogged out by every man and his dog.
But on the bright side it was well worth a few hrs out by the river with my boy, he bought his mate along so while I was sluicing, they where fishing.
While I was out there the farmer across the creek almost made me turn into a raging hulk and I almost turned green.
I don't know if you can get a permit to rip down a 80 foot river bank and push it into the river then get a dozer and push cut down gum trees to be used as a retaining wall.
Man if I just dug under a bank in any form or another I would be fined big time.
It used to be pretty much a sheer bank and he came along and pushed the bank down and contoured it. But my main concern is that when the next big flood we get all of that bank area will be washed away. To make matters worse the damage was done on the outside of the bend and it is about 300 metres long.
But now back to the gold, I need to get back out to my little spot again and load up more buckets, gittin itchy again.
Aaaarrghhh gold fever, gotta love it
CYA
Brad....

Latest posts