Goodbye my beloved SDC, I will miss you

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I sold my SDC today and upgraded to a brand new GPZ7000.

After using my mates Zed in Victoria for a week, the decision was made. I have to have one, but the only way I could get one was to sell the SDC. I wish I could have kept it, but the minister of finance said no.

The SDC was very good to me, helping me find over 400 pieces of gold in the 18 or so months I owned it.

Watch out gold

So with very little research , i figure you may have spent about 6 thousand dollars Upgrading , is that close ?
If so , do you feel that financially you will be recompensed in that you will be finding more gold or larger gold or whatever than with the other Unit ?
Like , what actual benefits do you perceive in Upgrading.
How does the Upgrade improve your Life ?

I am a non detectorist and have trouble understanding 4 figure sum outlays on equipment , notwhistanding the fact that there is demand for these things and the depreciation on well looked after Units is very low.

My SDC paid for itself in 18 months.

I have access to some private land here and in Victoria, some have never had an SDC gone over them let alone a Zed. I have picked up many surface targets with the SDC, and now I can go for those deeper ones that were out of reach.

After using a Zed in Vic for a week, finding small bits like the SDC does but deeper, I realised how much gold I was missing. Also seeing what my mates pulls out of the ground with his, the decision was mate.

I get out every weekend so it will get used. I look after my gear, so resale value will be good. But I think the Zed will be with me long term, so all good.

Latest posts