GPZ 7000 settings for hearing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a GPZ 7000

I have upgraded to steel phase sound system (. http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/steelphase-sp01-audio-enhancer/. )and speakers as industrial deafness is a huge problem for me . I think i miss all the small sounds

and wonder if i could change the settings to fix it . I think the possibly the pich which is if i am correct is the sound that comes from the speaker when the detector fines somthing metalic. so if i can get that in my rainge . ??? i dont know ???

any suggestions for settings on a GPZ 7000.

also has any one got a list of setting i can try Please

I payed the out back prospector for training. When i whent back some time later i was told you have chainged my setting but no list of setting was ever supplied. bit insulting and fustration when all you trying to do is get good service and be treated with respect. so you just dabbiling in the dark so any help please.

I understand that its personal preference but any guidance would be appreciated

1671750797154.png

My settings

MINELAB.jpegDetect Plus.jpegMINELAB.jpegPreferences.jpeg

I think we must have been on the same Clermont trip 🤔 🤣 Arrogance and rudeness above service every time 👍 Just learn and don't make the same mistake twice is best advice I could offer regards that. ;) Have you tried the bone conduction hearing devices ? No idea myself but I believe a few members here have used them?

Try playing with Threshold Pitch. I am a little deaf to higher sounds, with the advice from a member on here, I dropped my threshold pitch down to 4 seems a lot but worked very well for me, just seemed to be a different machine.

Same set up I also have the SP01

Cheers

Try playing with Threshold Pitch. I am a little deaf to higher sounds, with the advice from a member on here, I dropped my threshold pitch down to 4 seems a lot but worked very well for me, just seemed to be a different machine.

Cheers
Thanks will try that
I think we must have been on the same Clermont trip 🤔 🤣 Arrogance and rudeness above service every time 👍 Just learn and don't make the same mistake twice is best advice I could offer regards that. ;) Have you tried the bone conduction hearing devices ? No idea myself but I believe a few members here have used them?
so thanks very much for the bone conductive idea. I just wonder if I come from the steel phase unit which has an output of the 4.5 mini depends how I get that back to being a Bluetooth output for the Bluetooth speakers or to my phone, because the phone connects perfectly to the headsets or to the phone, conductive headset.

Cheers
Thanks, I’ll try it out and said that too low. I used to run mine at about nine but I think you are you correct if I bring the pitch done it’ll be more of a low whoop sound

i use threshold at about 24 most of the time, patch locate on, also helps, can get sensitivity to somewhere between 12 and 16 most of the time.

I don't have a 7000 but on the 4500 I run the tone on 40, that's down from the default 50. I can't hear the high tomes so that lower tone makes all the difference. I do the same on the SDC but I don't think that option is there on the 6000.