Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
golddiggerart said:
Found this collectible 25 Cent Victoria Cross Coin while I was down at the footy field today, along with a bunch of 20 cent and 10 cent coins a $1 and $2 the mower went over the whole lot and never hit any of them, chance find for me. :)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...s/3128/1493991489_vic_cross_coin_2017_-_1.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3128/1493991502_vic_cross_coin_2017.jpg
Thought you were having a break :lol: :lol: :lol: :Y: nice one Gda :cool: :Y: that's one of those Herald Anzac coins hey? :eek:
Someone already took it out of the packet and tried to spend it :N: :eek:

B5MECH said:
golddiggerart said:
Found this collectible 25 Cent Victoria Cross Coin while I was down at the footy field today, along with a bunch of 20 cent and 10 cent coins a $1 and $2 the mower went over the whole lot and never hit any of them, chance find for me. :)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...s/3128/1493991489_vic_cross_coin_2017_-_1.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3128/1493991502_vic_cross_coin_2017.jpg
Thought you were having a break :lol: :lol: :lol: :Y: nice one Gda :cool: :Y: that's one of those Herald Anzac coins hey? :eek:
Someone already took it out of the packet and tried to spend it :N: :eek:

Mate my will was a little shot today, I cleaned the yard which took ages and now it looks like a million dollars....I thought I am going to reward myself and so I did and lucky I did too because I came across that Anzac coin. :) :Y:

Heatho said:
An Aussie "quarter", well bugger me. Nice find mate. :Y:

I only noticed it with the coin spill because of its colour and it's size being a little bigger than the normal 20c.
When I turned it over I saw (Victoria Cross) and thought it was a medal, I then noticed the 25 and thought nope not a medal and the Obverse looking like a coin I did a search online to find out what it was. :)

Very nice finds :) mate especially the bottle and the coin is a beauty. I collected all except one and have contacted the paper to try and get one, alas without luck so far but it is a nice set and glad to donate to the ANZAC cause.
Mackka

Mackka said:
Very nice finds :) mate especially the bottle and the coin is a beauty. I collected all except one and have contacted the paper to try and get one, alas without luck so far but it is a nice set and glad to donate to the ANZAC cause.
Mackka

I can see the value of them going up in the years to come especially when you need 1 or 2 for a set, they are a beautiful collection and I am fortunate to have found one in the field. :) :Y:

My wife and I took our little daughter Aaliyah to the park for a swing, wife was pushing her on the swing and I was swinging the detector. lol
Anyway it isn't a very productive park and I have only ever found a 20c coin in the bark area, today though I found something really strange while I was swing underneath a bunch of old trees.
I got a 36 signal and knew it was either a 2c coin or a can but decided to dig it anyway, I came upon this candle looking thing which had metal inside it, picture below.

1494303122_tower.jpg

1494303137_tower_1.jpg

I ran the detector over the hole and the 36 signal was still there, the tower was ringing up as a 10, anyway I dug in the hole and a coin showed it 2c as I thought it was going to be, the tower had a dint in the top where the 2c was stuck to it.

I broke it open because I wanted to know what the metal inside it was and these fell out, picture below.

1494303285_crystals.jpg

Bazaam two Quartz Crystals woot woot, upon further inspection of the tower I saw another inside it as you can see in the picture below.

1494303348_tower_crystal.jpg

Well what can a man do now but to finish the job, I have no idea of the significance of the tower with crystals inside and also there was a magnet and piece of flat metal, one can only think it was some kind of (Spiritual - Talisman?) which I will have confirmed by a friend of mine.

All up 29 Crystals of various sizes.

1494303474_crystal.jpg

And what is left of the tower. I believe it was Resin but is now a mess that has been disposed of. :)

1494303581_broken.jpg

Well that was my little dig today and I am chuffed. :) :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

Nice find.
Wondering if 29 is significant.
Remember reading how this number is supposed to be spiritual.
(Like the 29th Feb. Some people apparently worshipped that number)

Great find.