Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
golddiggerart said:
B5MECH said:
:eek: Nice work gda 8) you should run that ring around the detector shaft for good luck :eek:
LOVE digging holes...HOPE there is something good in it... and FAITH that your batteries won't run out half way through :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahahahaha yeah sounds good mate I may just make that my new slogan....

(LOVE digging holes...HOPE there is something good in it... and FAITH that your batteries won't run out half way through.)
:eek: :eek: :eek: 8) 8) 8) :cool: :cool: :cool:
and now a GOLD ring :rolleyes: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, awesome find! If that is a real diamond, which it probably is it could be worth up to $20 grand. Hard to value rough diamonds, but yeah quite a valuable find indeed. Well done!

Don't forget to put a pic in find of the month, winner right there. :)

What a dream find GDG , I remember the feeling when I found my first gold ring . I felt like I was never going to find one , then when you least expect it , there one is . Find of the month GDG!!!

Goldpick said:
Nice CZ ring mate, if anything is solid gold or silver, there should be hallmarks stamped somewhere to confirm as opposed to junk jewellery (sometimes extremely small and hard to read). :)

Good point Goldpick, however,....not ALL artifacts will have Hallmarks, particularly before the mid-late 1850's...should you find an item you think may be Gold without a hallmark, do a streak test (any Jeweller can do).

Hallmarks are a modern day concept and consider how long we've been adorning ourselves with Gold.

Just a community service announcement, not to disparage GP's advice just broaden the info. content. ;)

Gypsy

golddiggerart said:
Found today on the front lawn as well as $2 and a few 2c coins...decided to try something different after watching a video of the 505 finding pre-decimals Penny and Half Penny....set my 505 to all metal mode and came up with this....Rang in at 21-24 either copper or brass...

Hard to tell from the pics, but it appears to also have some plating on it...that being the case, i'm inclined to say it is copper myself. Usually copper is softer and more malleable for the likes of Jewellery...

Should you wish to revitalize it let me know and i'll sort it for you. (see signature)

Cheers
Gypsy

Danny13 said:
What a dream find GDG , I remember the feeling when I found my first gold ring . I felt like I was never going to find one , then when you least expect it , there one is . Find of the month GDG!!!

I had a feeling it was going to be a good night, within 5 mins into our short detect last night I found $2, then another $2 and thought woohoo great start, then everything went silent for the next 30 minutes..... 30 came up on Screen with next target then it bounced to 36 and I thought hmmm could be a silver ring or a $2.....
Shoved the bucket scoop in and first scoop nothing.....2nd scoop nothing.....3rd scoop beep beep then shook it hard to remove the sand and shone the torch to reveal Golden Colour....My wife said OMG it's Gold and I said nah it's jut a junker but in the back of my mind I knew it was Gold because of the weight....
MY wife was a bit loud and it was windy and I didn't want her voice to carry to the 7 or 8 sitting down drinking about 10 metres away so I said nah it's only junk shhhhhhh - then the stare into her eyes...
She said oh yes very nice junk DOH!

Thanks Gypsy for the information it all helps mate.....and as for the Crop Pin yes it was plated at some stage and it is being sent to a guy who wanted to buy it, but I am paying it forward in the condition it is in because of the kindness of a friend who is sending me a Brand New beach scoop free of charge.

Cheers Arthur...

No worries GDA...i was thinking you were hanging onto it as a 'keeper'...

Good thing your doing though just the same. Some like 'original'...some like 'restored'....and that''s where i come in :p :D ;)

Nice finds,...good hunting in future mate.

Cheers
Gypsy

Well tonight was only a quick swing as I will be going out again on the weekend weather permitting, all up probably around 45 minutes, we hit the same spot that I found the ring and found something interesting....My wife called it an Angel and I will have to agree.....I ran the detector along where the wet sand meets the dry and hit a 9 -12 signal and then I actually saw the glimmer of Gold peaking out of the sand....

So here it is the Angel.... It is heavy for it's size at 3.9 grams only 1 gram lighter than the ring....

1486643297_angel.jpg

If they are diamonds of which there are 13 then I'd say it is another Golden Find, No Hallmarks but I would say it is 9 Carat?

1486643370_angel_1.jpg

Not many coins but the last 3 digs pulled in a little over $12 so still getting some coin to add to the Jar.

1486643417_angel_2.jpg

Until next time H/H blokes and blokettes if that is even a word....lol

Cheers - GDA - Arthur

Heatho said:
Farout, that is another amazing hunt. Don't like you chances without a hallmark, but hey get it tested, you just never know as Dan found out about his find. You're gonna need you own diamond tester at this rate, $30 on ebay will get you one. :D

$25 Big W...for the same tester.. :)

Latest posts