General National Weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife and I have just returned from WA,and was the weather horrible and cold.
The week we spent at the forum,most of the time it rained and the wind blew and was overcast and reduced the solar power we needed to keep the freezer and the fridged going along with our other power requiremnets.
We then went to Sandstone,where we got about 3 days out of five which were good and the the skies opened again.
Then we went Laverton,and again the weather was some fine days and some dodgy ones.So keeping a watch on the future weather,the forecast said it is coming in bad in the next week,so that was enough for us,so we headed home.Halve way home had a call from our friend at Leinster to tell us that it was pouring and it was 10c
So where is all the global warming that they promised us,or perhaps they got right with climate change,which is colder and wetter.

qvBwed0l.jpg

Prospectors are doing heavy raking looking for the small gold,acres and acres.

uaeLsKCl.jpg

Lot of tektites were found at the forum,some were wizards,specially Jen and Veronica.

hgLofCTl.jpg

Regards Frank

Yeah that's where I'm at. It's pretty windy around strath. My dog was bugging me to take him for a walk this morning so I thought I'll see if he's still keen when we head outdoors. Walked on some treeless farmland to avert disaster. He was nothing short of excited about the extreme winds and it was a good laugh to see a 50+kg English mastiff with ears spinning like heli rotors. Was good fun for both of us. Later in the morning my mother calls me up in hysterics. After she got her laughter under control she told me how she'd gone for a walk with my father and a flying gum nut smacked him right atop his bald noogin to the tune of clapping coconuts on monty pythons holy grail.

Stay safe out there.

Yeah I'm heading over to the GT tomoz. Anybody else heading that way take care getting there, and mind the gum trees if your camping in the bush like me. Soft ground from the rain and a bit of wind brings down biggies. I think it was dig'n'it who had a close call at Creswick last September.

Wouldn't like to be camping in the coming weather stay safe. With any luck it will blow that stupid effing new Pokemon craze away. The kids were carrying on about it cause I won't let them. F me I offered em a hundred bucks each to not touch devises for a week and no takers!!!. No more handouts want money gotta work for it.

Still wild winds here. My wife was on an abulance call out at 2.00 am this morning and was on her way home at 6.30 am with her ambo partner when they hit a tree lying on the road. Busted indicator and side mirror...just dam luck that was all. They demolished the tree. Everyone take care today.

Heard on the grape vine that it is Brass Monkey weather
in Ballarat at the moment.
Stay safe every one.

Chewy said:
Yeah I'm heading over to the GT tomoz. Anybody else heading that way take care getting there, and mind the gum trees if your camping in the bush like me. Soft ground from the rain and a bit of wind brings down biggies. I think it was dig'n'it who had a close call at Creswick last September.
Yes Chewy, it was me. Scared the crap out of me in the middle of the night. Just happened to be awake and heard the crack. Lucky I was on the leafy end if the large branch which landed on the side of my tent. Certainly got the adrenalin going. Thing was the branch was green as could be. Just eaten away by ants at the joint to the trunk. Bloody lucky.

Well going back down to Oallen tomorrow morning to see whether my tent is still up and my chairs blown into the river 8.(
Jon

Woohoo another 50cm of powder at perisher, Leaving friday 3am for my first day for 2016. I hope it gets colder and the snow stays longer , sorry everyone.

B5MECH said:
Woohoo another 50cm of powder at perisher, Leaving friday 3am for my first day for 2016. I hope it gets colder and the snow stays longer , sorry everyone.
I'm with you more snow the better. Had my first trip to falls creek for the year the weekend before last. Never been to perisher but my nephew is working at Cooma so will have to take a trip there this season.

Today was chains from Berridale all the way, what a tortured drive that would be! Will be expecting to see a bunch of cars on their roof on the way down which is a good sign that the pow's a plenty and hopefully thick and deep :)

A work mate sent me these photos today from Mt Egerton saying he couldn't get to work but i think it was just an excuse to have a sicky lol he hates the cold.
1468396868_20160713_052307_1.jpg

1468396885_fb_img_1468366178647_1.jpg

Latest posts