General National Weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Crap,
We are going to have a lot of bored members here now. :D
Oh well, as for me getting out and about, Good timing to do
my end of year run plus spend a bit of dosh on new gear.
Just think of all that new Gold that is going to be flushed down and into
the systems. :D :D

Tis winter after all. Hope it happens as we all get a bit excited if it snows around here. Don't know why as we go the snow several times a year but its just a bit different when you get it at home.

davent said:
Hmmmm, will be in Canberra sunday......might be chilly then?
Tetsuya, s changed to Benelong for tonight, no problem, and I had a small, win, she who is always right, mdecided to take me on a bet. I said, mif Im wrong, I would roll around in the snow wearing only my undies, mshe said, she would streak if she was wrong! She was wrong lol! Now she has decided that the definition ofmstreakmidmjust the boobs out......but I won anyway! A rare win, so very satisfying.

Thanks for the heads up Dr Duck!

Mate, post up a pic, or it didn't happen!!!!

you know that it is really cold when you get off your bike and wave your arms about to get warm and the sleaves snap off your jacket... ;)

:lol:
Now ,how does that chant go ???.

T*+'$ out for the boys... T*+'s out for the boys !
(I sure hope your missus has a good sense of humour) ;)

Looks like the guys in the north might be in for some cold weather, too.

POSSIBLE COLD RECORD TEMPS FOR PARTS OF NORTHERN AUSTRALIA THIS WEEK?

UNSEASONAL HEAVY RAIN LIKELY OVER PARTS OF THE NT AND QLD WITH THE COLD TEMPS

Unbelievable temperatures models are predicting for northern Australia mid to late this week. This is rare to see!

Check out the daytime temperatures over parts of the Top End and north Qld for Thursday afternoon July 14th.

Heavy cloudband + rain and cold air trapped underneath won't allow temps to rise and could be in the teens as far north as parts of the Top End! And North QLD! Which is extraordinary.

The cloudband is expected to also bring unseasonal rain & few storms from the Top End through northern and central Queensland, some models are estimating heavy falls in parts especially in QLD closer to the central coast.

More to come.

If you are accessing this site from a screen reader, please go to the text only site
ListMap
Filter Sort
Storm
Yorke Peninsula

an hour ago
Storm
Kangaroo Island

an hour ago
Storm
Lower South East

an hour ago
Storm
Murraylands

an hour ago
Storm
West Coast

an hour ago
Storm
Eastern Eyre Peninsula

an hour ago
Storm
Lower Eyre Peninsula

an hour ago
Storm
Mount Lofty Ranges

an hour ago

Storm
Advice

Suburb
Lower South East
Reported:Sunday 10, July @ 3:59PM
Updated:Sunday 10, July @ 3:59PM
CONTENT

Severe Weather Warning (SA)

SEVERE WEATHER WARNING

IDS65503
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
South Australia

TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST

SEVERE WEATHER WARNING

for DAMAGING WINDS

For people in the Mount Lofty Ranges, Lower Eyre Peninsula, Kangaroo Island and parts of the West Coast, Eastern Eyre Peninsula, Yorke Peninsula, Murraylands and Lower South East districts.

Issued at 3:59 pm Sunday, 10 July 2016.

Strong northwesterly winds are expected to reach gale force at times, averaging 60-70 km/h with gusts of 90-100 km/h, over parts of the West Coast and Lower Eyre Peninsula from late this afternoon and extend to parts of the Eastern Eyre Peninsula, Yorke Peninsula and Kangaroo Island districts during the evening.

The damaging winds are then forecast to extend to the Mount Lofty Ranges, the west of the Murraylands district, and coastal parts of the Lower South East district during Monday morning.

The strongest winds are most likely near the coast and over elevated topography or associated with showers.

Locations which may be affected include Elliston and Port Lincoln from late this afternoon, Cleve, Minlaton and Kingscote from this evening, and Stirling, Strathalbyn, Victor Harbor, Robe and Millicent from Monday morning.

The State Emergency Service advises that people should:

* Move vehicles under cover or away from trees;

* Secure or put away loose items around your property.

* Stay indoors, away from windows, while conditions are severe.

The next warning is due to be issued by 7:00 pm.

Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 215. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.

About Severe Weather Warning Services

INFORMATION

Issued by: Australian Bureau of Meteorology
Forecast Area
Lower South East

Get App Alert SA
Government of South Australia

5:00 pm Not tooo bad in S.A. atm if your an Eskimo bloody cold 11 C clear but it is going to get rough. Had 10mm last night.Google Null School, very infomative site shows weather all over earth, wind, land, temp sea temp etc. Zoom in and click on an area and it will tell you wind speed. Atm 30 kays but could go to 87 kays later and with all the rain we've had there's going to be some trees falling over.

Yeah I'm keeping an eye on this, it might get a bit messy. Not often, but every now and then we get micro bursts down here. Like a mini cyclone. Super cold air shoots downwards like a rat out of an aquaduct. When it reaches the ground it rushes outwards and flattens anything in it's way. I saw gum trees snapped off their trunks about 2m from the ground. :eek:

Latest posts