G'day from North East Vic!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all and thanks for letting us join!
The wife and I live in Tallangatta North East Victoria, and are just beginning our gold detecting/panning and gemstone journey...

Any advice or tips from the experts here on good places to go around the North East initially, to detect or pan or look for gemstones would be hugely appreciated :D

Many thanks, Guy and Christine

G'day Bloke

I am in Wodonga and have been prospecting about the place for several years now. Glad to help where I can. Research is always the best way to start. Watch Vo-Gus Prospecting on You Tube for a really good background. He has hundreds of videos and concentrates on how to do stuff to find gold. He is local as well and does all his stuff locally.

Araluen

Hi Guy & Christine, welcome to PA. I can't help you with any tips on places to go sorry, as I don't know the area at all. There would be people on here in the know though I'm sure. Good luck with your hunting!

Thanks Araluen!

Many thanks for the advice. Yeah we'll be checking out youtube as part of our research!
Really looking forward to the adventures that lie ahead - thanks again for your quick post :D

Gday Bloke, l used to play footy against Tallangatta years ago.
How long have you lived in Tallangatta, does Macca still run the pub..

Thomo said:

G'day Thomo!

Only been here a couple of years. The Tallangatta Hotel has just changed owners again, so don't have a name for the newbie as such...

Bloke said:
Thomo said:

G'day Thomo!

Only been here a couple of years. The Tallangatta Hotel has just changed owners again, so don't have a name for the newbie as such...
Terry Macintosh used to run it for a lot of years.
He was originally from Mt Beauty

Latest posts