Garrett Submersible Headphones :)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My wife gave me my birthday present a day early :)

One thing I noticed on these headphones is there's no volume control, so I guess they're up flat out all the time :|. I'll try them out later to see how loud they are.

Might try my luck in the ocean baths lol

My headphones have no volume control on them either, but the detector does, so I adjust that to suit.

By using headphones you keep your volume down which helps extend battery life.

The AT-Gold have volume control but the other AT Pro's and Infinium LS do not so to be able to use the Blue headphones on those detectors without doing hearing damage to oneself a waterproof volume control can be installed.

Works like a charm.

ivanll

Where do you get them done Ivanll? Getting a set for my infinium but don't want to be deaf at the end of the hunt.

ivanll, the AT-GOLD doesn't have a sound control either :/. After testing out the submersible headphones I can say they seem to have a great default volume, so I don't think a volume control is really necessary.

So true.....Beg Pardon....AT-Gold have threshold adjust not volume adjust.

Mine have headphone adapter box with volume control......clips on to belt.

ivanll

Aussie Detecting said:
Where do you get them done Ivanll? Getting a set for my infinium but don't want to be deaf at the end of the hunt.

I did the installation myself after obtaining a few waterproof volume control pots.
Main reason for the modification was to use the blue headphones with the Infinium LS on land without sustaining hearing damage.

But it had a second benefit ......when the AT Pro International was first released the blue headphones when attached did not disengage the speaker due to incorrect audio impedance. My modified headphones did not have this problem since installing a volume control pot changed the impedance perfectly, so it would work.

Also works nicely on an AT-Gold and a CSI-Pro AT.

ivanll

Latest posts