Just a quick hello!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy, my name is Rod and I'm in Melbourne, been going to Slaty Creek in my first year of prospecting and had a little luck/fun. Actually I have done better with a ten dollar pan than than with a metal detector, I purchased an Ace 400i last autumn after going up to Castlemaine only to discover there was no water in the Gully's to try out my new Bcf Gold Panning Kit. I looked at the screenshot/map and it occurred too me I could be metal detecting. So the Garrett Ace was bought on a whim, it was not very good and I cracked sad's after a good week of trying my luck every day. In the end I decided to grab a Gold Monster, only to find out "doesn't like mineralised ground" and it made a noise every time I hit an obstacle, goodbye Gold Monster! You're driving me nuts! So in my first year, one Garrett and a Gold Monster sold, now I have a Gold Kruzer and I like its' features. I also purchased a Gold Rat Sluice and added a v-mat from Bunnings under the dream-mat and the v-mat does work well in a low flow situation. I quite often do a google search and this forum comes up in the results. I have no doubt some questions have been done to death but info is handy for us "newbies" I have made a few friends up Slaty and on Youtube and like the prospecting community, I have put out a few vids myself, just a few ideas I had regarding equipment I made during that lockdown era. Just stuff to keep the mind ticking over basically. I'll try not to annoy the regulars, but I will ask a few questions. I gave up on Facebook over a year ago and prefer the forum option when it comes to all this, ok, might see you at the creek or on a hill! Cheers!

Welcome from Dave DataGlasses, you've certainly come to the right place to find advice and info. Cheers and good luck :beer:

Dave's Office said:
Welcome from Dave DataGlasses, you've certainly come to the right place to find advice and info. Cheers and good luck :beer:
Thanks a bunch Dave, I have noticed that the prospecting community are quite generous in sharing info, I will be asking a few questions, so great to know!

G'day DG(Ron) welcome to PA keep an eye on the meet ups in the members threads, if it's suitable to commit I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience :beer:

RM Outback said:
G'day DG(Ron) welcome to PA keep an eye on the meet ups in the members threads, if it's suitable to commit I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience :beer:
Oh for sure, It's great fun to talk to like minded folk, many thanks!

hi rod and others
well my mane is Rod as well. l ventured up to slaty creek last weekend for a youtube meet-up at creswick only stayed for an hour or so. then headed of to slaty creek for a few hours of high banking after looking around the creek for a bit water l decided to dig down in the creek bed for water, and found it also came home to lilydale with .064 grams yellow for my trouble but had a fun day cheers all

Latest posts