Hi from SA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am totally new to prospecting but have been wanting to try my hand at it for many years.
So a couple of weeks ago I got a Gold Monster for my 60th birthday.
Now theres not much you can do with a detector in SA so it looks like I'll be popping over to the golden triangle a lot.
I have a years permit for Mount Crawford over here to get some practise in. If it would just stop raining!!! Only been out twice so far and found plenty of junk.
I'm planning on going over to Wedderburn in the first week of September hopefully. I'm busy plotting the workings from Geovic into google maps at the moment. Probably over kill as printed maps from Geovic would probably do the job. I'll take them too.
I got a Walco heavy duty pick. Finding a cheap belt with a loop in it for pick and scoop is proving a little harder to source. I couldnt see much on line from bunnings that looked suitable I'll need to go in there and have a look.
Any tips as to what else I might need would be appreciated.
Cheers.

Hi there Beer Drinker, where abouts in SA you from ? If you're South of Adelaide look up Nenad aka Phasetech.
He is a sponser here and is a Minelab agent and sells heaps of detecting accessories.
You can google him at
Phasetechnical.com
Good luck up at Crawford. ..I may bump into you up there, that's if it ever dries out. ☔

Hi there Beer Drinker, where abouts in SA you from ? If you're South of Adelaide look up Nenad aka Phasetech.
He is a sponser here and is a Minelab agent and sells heaps of detecting accessories.
You can google him at
Phasetechnical.com
Good luck up at Crawford. ..I may bump into you up there, that's if it ever dries out. ☔
I'm from Modbury Heights Ozzie AU.
I hope I do bump into you up at Crawford. I actually bumped into the Minelab crew up there last week. I saw the 4wd covered in Minelab signage so I stopped and asked them about my settings on the Gold Monster. Every little bit of info helps.

I'm from Modbury Heights Ozzie AU.
I hope I do bump into you up at Crawford. I actually bumped into the Minelab crew up there last week. I saw the 4wd covered in Minelab signage so I stopped and asked them about my settings on the Gold Monster. Every little bit of info helps.
Cheers BD,
That's interesting you bumped into some Minelab techs up there. They weren't trying to shield anything from your gaze perchance? There is a new gold machine in development and they would have certainly been keeping it secret if they were doing any testing on it.

Welcome to the Forum Beer Drinker.

A lot of us just go to Bunnings and get a carpenters hammer holster to carry our picks in. Work well and quite cheap for a heavy duty leather pouch. With the scoop just drill a hole in the handle and insert a looped chord. That way you can hang it on the detector.

Welcome to the Forum Beer Drinker.

A lot of us just go to Bunnings and get a carpenters hammer holster to carry our picks in. Work well and quite cheap for a heavy duty leather pouch. With the scoop just drill a hole in the handle and insert a looped chord. That way you can hang it on the detector.
The looped cords a good idea.

I know it was a black coil so I presumed it was a prototype. They were just packing up and the gear went away pretty quick.

BD, I have heard dark things about that Minelab test crew, it is rumoured they are responsible for all the missing Prospectors in Australia.
Seems like it was a near miss, lucky you didnt see the new 'stealth project' in the raw.
Who knows where you would be..... now.

🤣😂

Latest posts