Fricking Toothache

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tathradj

Doug
Reaction score
Over it big time.

2nd last Molar on the left hand side decided that it was not going to
bo a tooth anymore.
It has a silver filling in it that I have had since 8 years old.

Bloody Covid stopped me for 3 months.

Thursday Morning, Out she comes.

And the roots on it hook arond the gum line.

Me not going to be a happy chappy Thursday afternoon. ]:D ]:D

I had my wisdom teeth pulled out in 1990. Broke my jaw doing it, woke with my mouth wired shut.
Near died from choking from it all.
Wired it 2mm out of alignment!
Still a dull ach right now!
The dentist near took out an AVO on me after demanding payment!
Never paid cash for that stuff up.

I had my teeth what were there pulled out in 1968. My father was chasing my mother thru the house with an axe and a chair. I came around a doorway at the wrong time and copped the chair on my head crushing most of my lower teeth and losing a few smiling teeth up top. Never forgave the drunken bastard.
A few years later I left home and went to dentist a few weeks later and had them all of them 22 taken out with a beautiful cuppla Pethidine injections.
Cuppla months later was fitted for false teeth and have been able to smile confidently painlessly ever since.
"Pain free as as free as an Eagle......" you know the rest ever since. :) :( :argh:

Oh c'mon Doug!...Don't go all sooky on us :p Your our go-to hero mate! :lol: Say's the biggest sook this side of the border :8 Thank god I have not got one of my own teeth left! :eek: the way I see it they were the worst 32days of my life!!hehe...You'll be right mate..'cupla day's you'll be smil'in mate. :Y: :beer: :cool:

What are you guys smoking?
I've all my teeth at 65+
A bit yellowed with smoking, but I reckon a regular whack of rum and whiskey kills any bacteria :cool:
One bit (top of an eye tooth) ended up healed in my tongue after a nasty gang street fight - I was laid out cold.
~10 years later my dentist claimed that was the strangest place he'd ever removed a tooth from :cool:
Dave Allen once told a story (dressed as a priest in front of his congregation) about how Armageddon was approaching, and there'd be hell fire and brimstone, gnashing of teeth and quaking of limbs.
An old lady in the audience stated: "But I've got no teeth".
He replied shouting: "Teeth will be provided".

BigWave said:
What are you guys smoking?
I've all my teeth at 65+
A bit yellowed with smoking, but I reckon a regular whack of rum and whiskey kills any bacteria :cool:
One bit (top of an eye tooth) ended up healed in my tongue after a nasty gang street fight - I was laid out cold.
~10 years later my dentist claimed that was the strangest place he'd ever removed a tooth from :cool:
Dave Allen once told a story (dressed as a priest in front of his congregation) about how Armageddon was approaching, and there'd be hell fire and brimstone, gnashing of teeth and quaking of limbs.
An old lady in the audience stated: "But I've got no teeth".
He replied shouting: "Teeth will be provided".

I've removed a tooth from a stranger place. A patient came to see me after a nasty trampoline accident. He'd smashed his face into his leg and had fractured his front tooth off to below gum level. He also had a nasty gash on his knee. I found the tooth in his knee and duly extracted it. Some of the worst injuries I've seen have been trampoline accidents and my kids still hate me for never letting them get one.

Why wouldnt you be happy Thursday arfternoon.? The feeling of relief having the bastard out is more than enough to compensate any pain....
teeth pulling is almost painless these days anyway. I had 2 done just before last lockdown. They Rub your gums down with adult grade bonjella, few needles you dont even feel then a bit of pressure as its yanked.
The other one they had to split in 3 with a chisel and pull out in 3 pieces. Still pain free.
Worst part of it was a few hours later, feeling bit lathargic after the meds.

Easy peasy.!!

Tathradj said:
Just got back.

Oil of cloves, tried that once and nearly hit the roof.

Got me some Tramadole.

Hate teeth, They leave a lasting impression in both your mind and wallet. :awful:
Hey tath. I take tramadol daily for a bad back. I find it doesnt help much when i get toothache. The magic bullet for me is nurofen plus. One or two of those can kill a cavity tootache and actually help reduce the swelling. I believe codiene is the effective ingredient here. Being codeine it requires prescription. Very effective and suprised the doctor prescribes tramadol over codeine for a toothache. Especially as tramadol is normally harder to get a doctor to prescribe.
Good luck

Antibiotics on top moght be the only way to get rid of any associated swelling due to an absyss if present

Had my Wisdoms out in around 1980, have 3 gold crowns (got free dental in the RAAF :) ) Have a couple of molars missing and one lower canine that didn't fit, otherwise all my own teeth at a similar tender age to Jaros. My father was a vicious bastard as well, sober, rarely drank, so I can't blame the booze.

The thing I don't have much of is $$$$ lol, beginning of this year had a ceramic crown, even with Top Extras health cover, my bill was $900. Gold is a much higher price now and been out of uniform for many years. :)

Hope you're feeling better Tath.

Condor, we may have crossed paths. I was a Dental Officer in the RAAF in the late 80s - early 90s. There seems to be quite a few ex-military members on the forum.
Only one day to go Tath! Best of luck.

Latest posts