Fill Your Bloody Holes in

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta say, that I have recently had a few swings on the recent Amherst burn. Found some ok yellow but what has really surprised me is the outstanding effort that 99% of detectorists have exhibited. Its the best example of detecting on a controlled burn area I have ever seen in all my years detecting. Compared to others in recent times, Maryborough, Emu, Tarnagulla, Dunolly, Maryborough which was a total disgrace followed closely by Kingower, Amherst is the perfect example to me of people doing the right thing. Yeah the odd scrape or hole left as it was but the majority....two thumbs up. I have no complaints at all for Amherst burn. Maybe its getting through huh!? Here,s hoping ;)

Lets not only pick on the prospector for scrape marks, lets go one further and damn the area he is in also!

You part timers know all the shots!!

Great stuff guys, well done

1463002868_20160511_143036-1024x1820.jpg

Happy to find my first puddler when out and about yesterday. Not happy about the hole in the side of it. Took less than a minute to fill it in. Does really make you wonder about the mindset of some people out there.

:lol: For sure an Echidna or Wallaby, no doubt. Those mongrels do it all the time. Though iv seen the odd Chough commit such before. :lol:

Hi new to forum new to detecting 5 months been out on the gold fields a lot lately and I notice so many new holes that are not filled back in not to be the fun police witch we all try to get away from but if people leave our beautiful bush this way the government will shut these areas to prospector so do the right thing and fill them in.

Didn't end up going my detector wasn't ready spewing didn't go will be out this week for shore.posted pic of finds so far.

Yeah you're doing well looking at that A4 page! So you reckon detecting around Neerim could be the go? I went out with my detector when I first got it, in the creeks though being waterproof but nothing hence learning to pan. Did find some large old iron pulley anchors or something when they were logging the area.

Latest posts