Earthquakes Australia

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fourteen smaller aftershocks so far most in roughly an SSE direction.

1632397192_quake14.jpg

Rob P.

I was in the underground car park at Tuggeranong and standing on a man hole cover plate when it started to move and felt like I was standing on a see saw, Did not think about an earth quake at the time but I guess that is what caused the cover to move..
I have a quake detector at home but don't know if it sounded or not. (No chart recorder)

The government agencies have quake detectors all over Australia.
The great dividing Range was formed by earthquakes, proving much of Australia has been subject to earthquakes for millions of years. :eek:

Mackka said:
A quake detector in Canberra, seriously? Are you a seismologist?
Just asking as i have never heard of quakes in that area.
Mackka

No not a quakeologist :D Just have a detector that runs non stop. It has yet to signal any tremors of note within 500 km
The occasional tremor runs through here that usually does no more than than rattle the tea cups.

I am seriously considering building one myself.

The Lake George area is actually an active area due to the fault
that created the lake in the first place.
That is the ridge that runs along it.

If you look carefully, There are geo sensors right along the roadside.

i can say that i picked a bad day for going underground haha was in a adit (tunnel) when it hit i saw solid rock walls moving and the roof as well thankfully nothing fell down not even a single rock from the roof mind you i was down 80 odd meters different experience to being on the surface and feeling it ill tell you that :eek: :argh: :pickshovel: :8

Hunting the yellow said:
i can say that i picked a bad day for going underground haha was in a adit (tunnel) when it hit i saw solid rock walls moving and the roof as well thankfully nothing fell down not even a single rock from the roof mind you i was down 80 odd meters different experience to being on the surface and feeling it ill tell you that :eek: :argh: :pickshovel: :8

That sounds like a brown undies moment :argh:

It woke my mrs up........ Told her to go back to sleep and re assured her it was just the mexican bean burrito I ate yesterday :playful:

Yep ...I lived in Japan a long time and went through tremors and quakes all the time.. You learn to instantly wake up to any rumble.
My bed was vibrating and no it wasnt the mrs's toy.. Definitely bit of ground disturbance

Latest posts