Earthquakes Australia

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Experienced numerous quakes living or visiting Japan over the years ...worse was the Kobe quake of Jan 1995 thankfully we were not living near the epicenter of the quake..my mom was visiting at the time and it scare the hell out of her..

Teemore said:
grubstake said:
Redfin said:
Simultaneous quakes in Chile and Japan

It's a conspiracy! :cool:

Yep, organised by Dan Andrews to take the focus off Covid.

World is ripping apart.... apparently when its all done n dusted we'll be a little three moon system (that'll be nice to see two moons in the night sky)(one will have china, russia, and new zealand on it.... and the rest of us get turned inside out with just Aus-merica, and bali left on the outside of our bit. :p

Mike678 said:
As the guy said to his lover , did you feel the earth move ???? ;) :D :)

I wondered about that.
1632285182_snorebegone.jpg

numpty said:
probably don't help that gas and oil is being pumped out of the earth in massive amounts.

I've often wondered about that Numpty. Dirty great big voids where there was once reserves of fossil fuels. I wonder if Goldierocks could chime in and shed any light on that theory?

1632286361_goldierockscalltohelp.jpg

Deepseeker said:
numpty said:
probably don't help that gas and oil is being pumped out of the earth in massive amounts.

I've often wondered about that Numpty. Dirty great big voids where there was once reserves of fossil fuels. I wonder if Goldierocks could chime in and shed any light on that theory?

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...es/13321/1632286361_goldierockscalltohelp.jpg

not to mention millions of tons of minerals dug from open cut mines, they get sent around the world, does that effect the balance of rotation of the earth or is gravity too powerful to throw it out?.

im a thick head and l have no idea but it would be interesting to know.

this is getting to HEAVY man :lol: :lol:

Deepseeker said:
numpty said:

There are zero voids with conventional drilling/extraction methods. The hydrocarbons (gas and oil), are trapped in layers of porous rock (usually sandstone I think). After the hydrocarbons are extracted via drill holes, the porous rock structure is still intact. Fracking however, deliberately fractures the host rock to release hydrocarbons and can lead to minor earthquakes and surface slumping if the deposits are relatively shallow.

I remember a similar quake in the area, Mt Hotham, in 1966 and another in Gippsland in 1969, both over 5 on the scale.

sure made my house rattle. Was on the confuser at the time checking email, looked out the office window and could not believe what I saw.

A koala was picking itself up of the ground after falling out a tree.

Then I looked in the other direction and all my cattle were sitting like a dog with their front hoofs together

Latest posts