Earthquakes Australia

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be aqua-footy in a few decades ,... prime beachfront land be all full of dead fish and oil and shIt because of all the low ground inundations, dirty water from all the humus washing out of prime crop growing soils and rusty froth from the forshore to as far as the eye can see.
salt water inundation from the sea breaching all the low river weirs and the accompanying die off of local to those areas vegetation that can't tolerate the salt seepage into the coastal and river water tables ,.... erosion on a grand scale as the extra ocean surface evaporates more water causing greater than normal rain and the resultant run off ,... my advice, buy very high ground(acreage) and live on the mesa areas and avoid fault zones altogether, grow plenty of fruit bearing trees in preparation, make sure of your own water supply, build hillocks and swales, and be prepared to stand your ground if possible, but, even then it may be resumed forcibly by law.
And all this from just thinking about footy. tsk tsk tsk. :eek: :D .... ;) 8)

To put that in perspective, a 5 is 10 times larger, a 6 is x100, a 7 is x1000, an 8 is x10,000 larger. So Tennant Creek wins for gold mining (6.0) in Oz..... :awful:

goldierocks said:
To put that in perspective, a 5 is 10 times larger, a 6 is x100, a 7 is x1000, an 8 is x10,000 larger. So Tennant Creek wins for gold mining (6.0) in Oz..... :awful:

I remember the big quakes in TC when I was a kid,the old mans xc falcon was bouncing in the driveway

Deepseeker said:
Maybe it is just a tiddler, but if I was down any depth of mineshaft when I felt it I think I'd definitely need a change of underwear :argh:

It is actually the reverse - the near surface seismic waves tend to be more damaging:

"natural earthquakes have a limited impact on underground mining operations but should not be neglected at surface operations and tunnel openings".

However, I am not intending to test it.

Latest posts