Does anyone know how to fix a falsing solid round Coiltek coil?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a small round coil that is beginning to false more regularly when bumped against debris. Apart from the obvious of not hitting the coil against things which is impossible, does anyone know how to minimize a falsing signal?

Hi mate, first thing to check is the lead, make sure it is secure and tight, but allow enough tolerance to center the coil.
Most falsing is caused by the lead moving.

Thanks Redfin, yep that might well be the issue as I used those black cable clips that fell off on the first snag!! I reckon I might use velco ones or electrical tape next time.

Cheers Mate Happy Hunting ;)

Chrish - don't know what detector you are using, but you can buy for minelabs the cable guard that fits under the grip. (non-minelab product) google 'detector cable guard'. about $20. Using this in conjunction with affixing the cable correctly to the shaft and making sure your connections are good should help. I think the newer coils have an updated connector set-up/gold plated plugs etc (e.g nugget finders) but I could be mistaken and I am sure the intelligentsia on the forum will correct me.